whats the best headphones under 300$
Nov 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jordan13

New Head-Fier
on/over ear, with amp if needed, for pop and rock.
must be comfortable if its on ear...
ive heared that hd25 are the best, is this true?
and what kind of amp is the most recommended for this budget?
thx for the help!

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 13
So far, I do find the hd-25 the best for pop and rock but that's only based on my personal opinion. The hd-25 does have quite an explosive treble that is exciting for most of the music but could get in your way if the music is not high quality or if the recordings are not so good.

Other headphones that I have heard and would recommend for pop and rock are

V-moda m80
Beyerdynamic dt1350
Beyerdynamic Custom one pro

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 13
if it help my uses are listening at home and at the road
and i hearded that for the dt an amp is usually reccomended.
im looking to have balance between trebble and bass. i want to have nice bass but not to take over like in those beats

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 13
I've never tried the DT1350's without an amp(ALO MK3), but I tried the other two straight through my phone and it sounded quite good. I do not expect it to sound bad without an amp since it is meant to be portable, but from what I heard, it sounds much better with one.

I would suggest you look at the review of the people who actually own these headphones since I only own the HD-25 but in, my opinion, the balance between bass and treble is really nice with the HD-25 the bass is really tight and slightly heavy. It also has a really fast physical punch that rock fans might like(depending on the specific type of rock you listen to)

Compared the the hd25 the m80 has more bass quantity and a slightly smoother feeling. The DT1350s, compared to the HD25 is a bit brighter, have a much better mid, and a better soundstage. 

All of them is suitable for home use and I would suggest the HD-25 and DT1350 over the other two for isolation.(you will probably still hear the cars and stuff unless you listen in a relatively high volume)

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 13
The HD25 have been popular for many years because they are that good, especially for rock and pop. Very forward. Soundstage is quite lacking though. They compliment modern compressed recordings. Bass is pure.

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 13
HD25-1. I use mine all the time for rock, metal, and electronic. Very engaging headphone without being fatiguing.

If you'll be running them through your computer then you don't need an amp. Through my iPhone I've found they slightly lack the volume I'd like. In case, a Fiio or JDS Labs cMoyBB would do fine.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 13
do you think they are better than the hd25?
and can you explain in words that someone who dont know about this area so much, what is the soundstage? and is it worth giving up when you buy the hd25?
and what are better amps? the fiio or mcoys?

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #9 of 13
more comfy than HD25, highs are not as bright, very big soundstage and just as detailed, but not as portable. soundstage is the imitation of a stage, the sounds sound like they are coming in from outside the headphone, and not all in your head.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #11 of 13
size, the sennheiser are smaller and on-ear, the HP100 is over-ear and big, but has a carry case

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
HD25-1. I use mine all the time for rock, metal, and electronic. Very engaging headphone without being fatiguing.

If you'll be running them through your computer then you don't need an amp. Through my iPhone I've found they slightly lack the volume I'd like. In case, a Fiio or JDS Labs cMoyBB would do fine.

Agree, it doesn't demand an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back