What's the best earbuds in the $15-25 price range?
Jul 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Markery

New Head-Fier

I'm looking for some decent earbuds for around $15-25 dollars. I definitely don't care about looks, just quality and functionality. I've been reading that the Meelectronics M9 earbuds are great for the price. But what's the BEST value on the above price range when it comes to pure sound quality?

I might add that I own Skullcandy Ink'd right now, and I'm not much of an audiophile so I'm just looking for some decent earbuds, nothing spectacular. BTW, will I notice much of a difference if I inch up into the slightly higher-quality, since I'm a noob, or will they (Meelectronics M9's for example) essentially the same to me?

Thank you.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 6
easy, m9. Nothing touches meelectronics build quality under 50 bucks, which is the most important quality in a "value" iem (doesnt make much sense if it breaks every few months. I just got the m6 as well as the m9, and they sound great as well. Not neutral or audiophile-ish by any means, but fun to listen to. 12 bucks at newegg, cant beat it

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 6
JVC Marshmallows were an improvement over Skullcandy to me. I had a pair of Mee M6 and loved the sound, but could not get a seal so I got rid of them. I'd say go for the Mee line, and try different tips (something I was unwilling to do).

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
easy, m9. Nothing touches meelectronics build quality under 50 bucks, which is the most important quality in a "value" iem (doesnt make much sense if it breaks every few months. I just got the m6 as well as the m9, and they sound great as well. Not neutral or audiophile-ish by any means, but fun to listen to. 12 bucks at newegg, cant beat it

I disagree. The FX67's are nearly indestructible and in my opinion, sound a whole heck of a lot better. They're around $20, but you can get them around $15 if you get lucky.

I've got siblings that have the M6 and M9, and I own the M6 and A151, and the FX67 takes the cake in most categories. Want an even better IEM? The FXC51 is the 2nd best headphone I've heard to date, period. But, you *must* have a Cowon player, as the way you must customize the EQ is very picky, and Cowon's EQ allows you to achieve this. But man, once EQ'ed, there are no rivals. IMHO.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 6
I think I'm going with the M9s, as I like bass. But how much of a difference will I notice if I switch to the M9 if the highest quality headphones I've had are Skullcandy Ink'd? (And I think they sound fantastic for some songs, I'm a major noob)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back