What's the best computer desk?
Sep 18, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Mediahound

Headphoneus Supremus
What's the best computer desk? I currently have an old Ikea Jerker desk that has suited me well for several years but I'm beginning to need more space with my audio gear and 30" monitor.

Ideally I'd like something stable, looks cool and is ergonomic, and has a 2nd level for a monitor.

Anyone have suggestions? If you have pictures, please post 'em!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 24
i have a jerker too =D i like it...but i need more space(yeh i need a desk bigger than the alrdy big jerker lol)
i was actually looking at buying two ikea vika desks and placing them side by side.
may suit ur needs too

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 24
If possible, I think a wall-mount for the monitor would work a bit better than a second level. You can place it at a more ideal height while also freeing up desk space. I currently use a Vika with a table arm.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 24
Sep 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #14 of 24
The GALANT desk system is an awesome choice for durability, expandability and versatility. If you want a tablet for your monitor, you can just use some Ikea spare parts and make one yourself.

Also, I second Samgotit's thought about a wood desk by your local woodworker. The feel of a 1.5" thick hardwood desk is something special you can't get form anything else.
Here is a picture of the desk one of my buddy had a local woodworker make for him. The epoxy-like finish made the surface undestructible. Please disregard the temporary-messy-showoff setup. (the legs are 5" thick
tongue_smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back