What's the Best Budget IEM for new or audiophiles on a tight budget!?
Jan 28, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #16 of 27
Just be sure to get the SG-01 OVA, I also have a feel that the improved SG-03s is even better. The OVA is still great and on pair with todays new chifi hyped sets.
Yeah, SG-01 OVA are great. Recently I took my forgotten SG-01 (basically the same as OVA, main differences are cable and color) out of the drawer and finally I managed to get a perfect seal and comfort with BGVP A-07 tips. Now they sound awesome - musicaly with good slam, clear midrange and extended top. Now I'm thinking about buying SG -01 OVA, because I'm a sucker for colorful IEM-s and blue is one of my fav.

Feb 1, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #19 of 27
Just be sure to get the SG-01 OVA, I also have a feel that the improved SG-03s is even better. The OVA is still great and on pair with todays new chifi hyped sets.

If you want leaner presentation with good details HEXA. Will be good for music, streaming, movies and games.
Thanks for the recc, already tried it, but i prefer the original, more organic and analogic. And for the hexa, despite im a big big fan of hybrids, there isn’t quite enough rumble and extension. Mid-bass also takes a step back...

Feb 1, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #20 of 27
Tangzu Wan'er

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 27
Heart Mirror
BQEYZ KC2

Though a few years old, these budget picks are as good as anything out today, and remain competitive and very much relevant to the discussion of top budget picks
* BQEYZ KC2, K2 & KB100
* TIN T2+
* TRN BA5
* HZSound Heart Mirror
Few years ago, chifi started to grow (2018/2019) and i was taking several tips and references from audiobudget.com, and bqeyz was a big name, with revonext, trn, ****, tennmak... And now, all these names have disappeared, nobody talks about these old friends, but hey, i'm happy bqeyz is still alive!! I have to try Autumn...

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #23 of 27
I'll throw my budget choice in the hat, too. The CCA CRN rocks!

Feb 4, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #24 of 27
Few years ago, chifi started to grow (2018/2019) and i was taking several tips and references from audiobudget.com, and bqeyz was a big name, with revonext, trn, ****, tennmak... And now, all these names have disappeared, nobody talks about these old friends, but hey, i'm happy bqeyz is still alive!! I have to try Autumn...
Audiobudget was a great website for it's time. When he started it I don't think he realized that earphones under $50USD either sound the same...or bad, just bad. :) He walked away from his website when he figured it out. Lol.

Are you crazy...people still talk about BQEYZ! Just in a whisper tone. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 27
I would say aria but I dropped mine from only a few feet, wooden floor and lost sound. Build feels nice and I think they sound pretty good though

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #26 of 27
Audiobudget was a great website for it's time. When he started it I don't think he realized that earphones under $50USD either sound the same...or bad, just bad. :) He walked away from his website when he figured it out. Lol.

Are you crazy...people still talk about BQEYZ! Just in a whisper tone. :wink:
Igor Eisberg (audiobudget.com) is now the master behind xiaomi.eu (custom rom): a hobby where you don't have to buy a cheap little box for 25$ every week... :zipper_mouth:

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #27 of 27
Weird review from a lazy guy
I prefer and limit myself to iems between 75 and 125$, I listen mainly to rock and metal (tom petty, black keys, korn, nin, ccr, radiohead, r.e.m). After reading a lot of reviews on iems with advantages that I am looking for and love, such as clarity and vocal presence,
tight and agile bass, with an emphasis on lower mids, i have tried the most famous big guns since 2020 with this benefits,
something like tangzu zetian wu ("nice and controlled bass"), tinhifi t3 plus ("excellent mids"), letshuoer d13 ("clean overall resolution"),
ikko oh10 ("mids that are not forward and not recessed"), and I can't, I don't know how to express my disappointment with these iems.

But now its ok.

""No more doubts no more fears
Tomorrow is my turn to receive without giving
Make life worth living
Now it's my life I'm living""

Its ok because i found this underrated budget iem for 75$...
If you want If you need an organic sound (live, raw sounding music), Fiio JD7 has a nice and controlled bass (better than zetian wu), excellent mids (much, MUCH better than t3+) and clean overall resolution (better than letshuoer d13).

His closest enemy is not the ikko oh10 (recessed mids), its tripowin olina.

If you prefer
Hollow bass and emphasis on higher mids: Olina

If you prefer
Tight bass and emphasis on lower mids: Jd7

((thanks to akros for this discovery and o0genesis0o to confirm that its a true gem))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back