What's the Best Bass for less than $150 ??
Aug 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ARSENAL FOREVER

New Head-Fier
What IEM delivers the sharpest, deepest bass for less than $150? (And still has good sound quality, of course)

I mostly listen to Hiphop and rap music on ma Ipod 3rd Gen with no Amplications added

Two that I were looking at were the Monster Turbines and FX500. I see that the FX500 stands superior. But Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR audio technica ath-cks70 has the best bass in that price range

this iz the first time I hear about these earphones in this forum
jecklinsmile.gif
But definitely I'll keep them in ma Comparison list
Thnxx Buddy
atsmile.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was deep comparison between three of them. Use search button
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you mean this comparison ?? -->> http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...-cks70-434841/
OMG amazing gr8 comparison ... I need time to read it all
duggehsmile.png
thnxx Buddy
beerchug.gif
but still I need the user's review because I am noob I cant understand wat theze things mean
confused_face(1).gif
:
Bass Impact
IE8 (on minimum setting) => CKS70 > Turbines => FX500

Bass Definition

IE8 => CKS70 > FX500 > Turbines

Bass Range (How low does it go?)
FX500 => CKS70 > IE8 => Turbines

Which one iz the best here ???
anyone can answer me ??
normal_smile .gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 13
The FX500 are a good choice, but you should also consider the Denon AH-C710. The one weakness with the FX500 for me is the somewhat recessed mids. After reading about the C710 offering similar bass and treble extension to the FX500 while bringing the mids a bit more forward, all for a cost of only $100, I broke down and got the C710 as well. I haven't had a chance to burn them in yet and do a detailed comparison, but the C710 sound great out of the box and are looking very promising so far. The only negative mark so far is the thin cable, FX500 cable is definitely thicker and doesn't seem as fragile.

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FX500 are a good choice, but you should also consider the Denon AH-C710. The one weakness with the FX500 for me is the somewhat recessed mids. After reading about the C710 offering similar bass and treble extension to the FX500 while bringing the mids a bit more forward, all for a cost of only $100, I broke down and got the C710 as well. I haven't had a chance to burn them in yet and do a detailed comparison, but the C710 sound great out of the box and are looking very promising so far. The only negative mark so far is the thin cable, FX500 cable is definitely thicker and doesn't seem as fragile.

Thnxx Pinguin 4 this gr8 suggestion i guess I am gonna get the C710 because of the review I read it here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/d...thread-436779/

But are u sure that the bass is similar to the FX500 ?? and do the cable tangle too much as it is mentioned in the review above ??

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 13
The bass for the C710 and FX500 have similar extension, quantity and punch. So far I'd say that the C710 has a bit more bass, but it is a little less smooth than the FX500. However, I still need to spend some more time with the C710 to do a fair comparison.

As for the C710 cable, if you are not careful with it, tangling will be an issue. As I mentioned earlier, its the only major negative with the C710 for me so far.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSENAL FOREVER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean this comparison ?? -->> http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...-cks70-434841/
OMG amazing gr8 comparison ... I need time to read it all
duggehsmile.png
thnxx Buddy
beerchug.gif
but still I need the user's review because I am noob I cant understand wat theze things mean
confused_face(1).gif
:
Bass Impact
IE8 (on minimum setting) => CKS70 > Turbines => FX500

Bass Definition

IE8 => CKS70 > FX500 > Turbines

Bass Range (How low does it go?)
FX500 => CKS70 > IE8 => Turbines

Which one iz the best here ???
anyone can answer me ??
normal_smile .gif

i know, i have exact same dillema,,, which one has the overal most powerful bass?????????????????
driving me mad

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

letme know which one has the most bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back