What's the audiophile's upgrade to the HTC One M8? (Android)
Mar 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drey08

Head-Fier
I've had this phone for over a year now and it has served me well. It has an expandable MicroSD slot and the sound quality coming out of it is pretty damn good.

Actually the only reason I even bought is because I've read various reviews which mentioned it was great for music.

So I want to try something better now. Not necessarily the M9 or the upcoming M10, I don't see any focus on improving audio for those phones even if they're otherwise great.

Currently I own a pair of Momentum Black Over-Ear's. The M8 can drive them really well, but if I plug my phones to my Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di I can very much tell the difference. For one thing a dedicated phone amp really brings power to the lower-end.

I've tried to use portable amps with my phone, but quite honestly it's just a huge mess having a phone and an amp and all the cables in my pockets. It might be "portable" but it's awkward to carry all this stuff around..

---

So I want a new phone that can deliver something better than the M8 when it comes to audio fidelity. Android is my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back