What's so wrong with Shure SE215s?
Nov 24, 2018 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DownRoad

New Head-Fier
Mods please delete or move if I'm posting this in the wrong place and sorry in advance.

I'm sort of new to the IEM world. For full sized headphones, I have an old pair of Sennheiser HD 558s that still work great, Sennheiser x Massdrop HD 58x Jubliee that are my faves, and Focal Spirit Classics that I originally bought for on the go listening until I realized how cumbersome they were to use on my commutes.

In late September, my need for more portable audio lead me to the Shure SE215s. I tried them on in a shop and was blown away by the sound, so I bought the Bluetooth version for about $200 CDN, then bought a wired adapter for $45. I still really like their sound, but there are a few issues with it in some places.

Also, I feel like I should've done more research, because everywhere online I read about the SE215s has people calling them overrated. So, in your opinion, what do you think is wrong with them, and are there any better ones in the same price range?

Nov 24, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 4
If you are happy with the shures, then that's all that matters and you can walk away now happy.

Nov 24, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 4
If you're happy with them, don't question it; that leads to doubt and buyer's remorse.

To answer your question: it's not that there's anything wrong with them, and they were certainly an excellent choice some years back, but the market has been saturated recently by better sounding in-ears at or below the same asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back