What's p!ss!ng you off at the moment?
Jul 20, 2004 at 7:23 AM Post #106 of 147
i just ordered something from newegg.com. but now they are delaying it because they say my address does not match and will be checking it with my credit card company.
mad.gif

Jul 20, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #107 of 147
I am a little upset with myself for agreeing to go to work today, which would have otherwise been a day off. Oh well, now I can justify buying the ER-4s
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #108 of 147
The 'wobbly spare tyre' which seems to have sprung out from nowhere, and the increasing double chin. I really have to keep off the beer... I eat nothing unhealthy in sensible doses (well, except when I've had a few beers... it's cyclic, see
frown.gif
). This fat increase is also partially fuelled by my recent working practices which also p!ss me off.

Due to necessity I'm doing an increasing amount of my work alone, be it travelling or at home. It's not a fruitful environment for ideas generation. I'm also spending more time working from home. Get up, go into work room, sit at computer and work. That sucks a bit too. I thought about hiring a separate office space in Central London alongside other suitably dynamic businesses, but due to some major mistakes by my project team which I have to pay for, my core business will post a major loss this year and I've had to suddenly take a huge pay cut... so until now I couldn't justify it, but I think I might have to do it. I can actually feel myself going stale.

The nature of the main work I've taken on for the next year is also causing me concern... it's very dry work and not fun. But it means lots of money so it's something I've got to do. I'm going to start having to turn down other fun jobs and that's going to p!ss me off too.

Jul 20, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #109 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i just ordered something from newegg.com. but now they are delaying it because they say my address does not match and will be checking it with my credit card company.

Call your bank and get them to add your other address to their list, even if they don't let you have two addresses, if your bank has it recorded somehow, it really won't ever happen again for anything (had to do it with Wachovia)

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #110 of 147
Arrgg.... I just got a ticket for taking a left turn where prohibited... What ticks me off even more it that I treated the officer with respect and no BS while another (summer classmate, he'z white, I'm Asian) got off with just a warning...

Stupid racist cops...
mad.gif

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #111 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Arrgg.... I just got a ticket for taking a left turn where prohibited... What ticks me off even more it that I treated the officer with respect and no BS while another (summer classmate, he'z white, I'm Asian) got off with just a warning...

Stupid racist cops...
mad.gif

lol...i know the feeling man.

Jul 23, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #112 of 147
I have to get up early in the Morning tomorrow to leg it all the way to Brooklyn to persuade our developer that we really did have good reasons to ask him to build the system the way we asked him to and that his new version - which he decided to build entirely from scratch in which he threw away all the prior work including all the changes we painstakingly persuaded him to put in first time - is not actually what we want and that he has to put these changes back in all over again and that I spent two days capturing, marking up and making copies of the screen shots of both original and new systems to ilustrate why we are somewhat miffed.......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh

I was a developer in a former life and while initiative is a fine thing doing what you are asked to do is a good thing too

Jul 23, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #113 of 147
I live southwest USA, NM. There are no real ari-conditioners here. It was 92 degrees(33.5 Celcius) in my bedroom at 10:00 pm last week. Its down to 85(29.4 C) tonight but 100% humidity.

We have these stupid things called SWAMP coolers, big fan blows through a wet fibre. That means all the allergies from outside are blown inside. Normal air-conditioning is called REFRIGERATED AIR in NM. I know that most of the people in the USA will understand how crazy that sounds. I want my AC.

Swamp coolers aren't turned on till the very last frost is guarateed gone, so last week in MAY (we are mile high here) and then about 5 weeks later they are uselesss!!!! They will work for about one week in Sept and then Oct. Thats 10 weeks of semi-cool, extremely high humidity air being pumped into the house. Does any other countries use this method? Does it work. This is the only region in the United States that I know uses this crappy way to cool a house!

All opinions appreciated, and all NEGATIVE comments about non-refrigerated coolers are definately welcome!

Jul 24, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #115 of 147
well to keep the thread going, i'm not really pissed off....more perturbed (sp?) , my main computer decided to give me BIOS ROM checksum erros out of the middle of nowhere....ah well....
ray

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #117 of 147
Up here in Alaska we have two seasons: Winter and Road Construction Season, the wonderfully brief period when the ground has thawed enough to be ripped up, piled up, and moved around. Some see this as reason enough to be perturbed what with so many streets that are closed/detoured/coned down to one lane, but when the construction people divert traffic a good two weeks before they move a single construction vehicle anywhere near the area I imagine there is some municipal administrator laughing down his sleeve.
blink.gif
This doesn't even go into my other favorite peeve: inconsiderate drivers.
mad.gif
I'm of the firm belief that there are just the right number of idiot drivers up here to keep me on the razor's edge between severly irritated and road-raged. I think we need to pass a law that if we can prove they were driving like a complete ass, we are allowed to hit them. If they behaved in a face-to-face the same way they did behind the wheel, they'd most likely end up in the same place--visiting the hospital.

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #118 of 147
my damn D-Link wireless network card... kept picking up unwanted access points and disconnecting my home network and internet...
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #119 of 147
i hate people that go back on their word. even trivial promises i like people to keep. (guy just left my house breaking his promise.)

and i hate people that don't share. i need someone to teach me stick... and the only guy i know happens to me my oldest friend. he bought this frickin bmw z3 used, and it's not really worth much (about $12,000 i think.) ....but he wouldn't teach me on that car. i've let him drive my old corvette (automatic, but still hella fast) before. stupid. that really made me upset. so, it looks like i have to spend $100+ to get lessons or something... and i offered to let him drive the new car when i get it. but he goes, "not with my car you don't." punk. (different guy just left my house saying this.)

if the roles were reversed, i would have gladly leant (spelling?) a hand. whatever.

and i HATE people that think they're good friends, but won't even get off their ass and drive 30 miles and hang out when you're near suicidal. (talked to this "friend" today about this historic incident.)

.................okay, i think i just had a bad day. i'll shut up now.

Jul 24, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #120 of 147
how about a "best friend" since junior high school that doesnt even wanna lend you $2000 for 2-3 months when you really really desperately need it ? (even though he's rich)

and you actually ASKED for the favour... which for bestfriends, you dont even need to ask i suppose...

ORPHEUS, in your case, just wanna let you know, you will know who your "FRIEND" is when you need help deperately. the one that doesnt show up is "acquaintance"

its not so easy to find real friend, thats why sometimes your real bestfriend is only your partner/wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back