What's next for Sennheiser?
Mar 19, 2006 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

A.Thorsen

500+ Head-Fier
DISCLAIMER: I know there's always something better that comes around the corner and you can always be "chasing the rainbow."
wink.gif

That being said: While I'm going into my third or fourth week of waiting on my AKG 701 preorder, I had something come up in the back of my mind.

The most current Sennheiser is the 650 still, is it not?

I've read a lot of people around here saying that "The perfect can would be marrying the 595 and the 650."

So my question simply is: Has anyone seen or heard anything about what Sennheiser has up their sleeve and any kind of rough time tables?

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Thorsen
The most current Sennheiser is the 650 still, is it not?

Not really. The Sennheiser HD 650 has been around for a while (since 2003). Over the last few years Senn has released new models, but the HD-650 is the newest of their top-of-the-line models.

This year alone, Sennheiser has released a handful of new mid-level DJ headphones:

- HD205 (not great sound, but awesome design)
- HD415 (better sound)
- HD435 (much better sound, ugly design)

And tehy also released this year the CX300 IEM, which I testify are excellent.

- CX300

There's a lot of buzz about a potential HD-700... but so far this model is like a unicorn. Hope it helps.

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visigodo
Not really. The Sennheiser HD 650 has been around for a while (since 2003). Over the last few years Senn has released new models, but the HD-650 is the newest of their top-of-the-line models.

This year alone, Sennheiser has released a handful of new mid-level DJ headphones:

- HD205 (not great sound, but awesome design)
- HD415 (better sound)
- HD435 (much better sound, ugly design)

And tehy also released this year the CX300 IEM, which I testify are excellent.

- CX300

There's a lot of buzz about a potential HD-700... but so far this model is like a unicorn. Hope it helps.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=164458&page=5

^^ Go figure that someone bumped a thread like that when I posted this earlier this morning.
wink.gif

Like I wrote there, I think we all know it's inevitable that "the next Sennhesiers" are forthcoming...it's just a question of "when."

For myself, and I suspect many others here, it's going to come down to these vs. the AKG 701's. So, if we're talking only a matter of a few months...I think I may just cancel my 701 preorder, sit tight, and wait for the new Sennheisers and simply choose from which ever ends up being the best.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back