Whats new in the pipeline HR?
Sep 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
Sup Tyll and Jorge =) and whoever else...

whats going on in the land of Headroom?

And how are the both of you?

Jorge hows the music?

Tyll hows the motorcycle?

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey HighLife,
Awesome to hear from you!

All's very well at HeadRoom, lotsa exciting changes in the near future and lots more cool products are slated to be coming on board in the next few months, so stay tuned!

As you probably know, Tyll's no longer at HR, but he just got back from an extended cross-country motorcycle trip on his BMW -- which he said was killer.
Music's going good, recording constantly... As usual, i'm always trying to get more film placements & soundtrack work!  :)

What's the latest in your neck o' woods?

Cheers,

jorge
HR Service & Sales Manager

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
hey jorge, 

are there any of these new changes and products you can let us in on? especially headroom products.. 

thanks, 
noseallinit

Hey Noseallinit,

We're probably not ready to release any real details quite yet but safe to say we're completely intent on becoming the very best 'one-stop shop' for all things headphonia -- so expect more brands, more manufacturers, more amps, more DACs, more tests, more specs, more reviews and more big headphone fun at HR!

Please stay tuned! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
jorge
HR Service & Sales Manager

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I have to admit I haven't been following closely, but six months and a couple days later, any updates?  I see the UDAC is back recently, but anything else?

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 8
Hey Schalliol,

Thanks for asking!

Well, the UDAC "II" revision usurped a ton of our HeadRoom labor time and resources, so our R&D for other projects had to be pushed to the back-burner for nearly a year
frown.gif

However, the good news is we're finally getting free & clear of that re-investment and we've been talking about what else is to come in 2011 for HR Manufacturing.
We've got a few cool ideas floating around, but its too soon to tell.

.....er, any suggestions?
tongue.gif

Cheers!

jorge
HR Operations Manager

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, since you're asking, how about a Desktop-grade PS for a single unit? The current unit has six outputs, but I imagine 95% would use one or two devices. Maybe that wouldn't make it cheaper though.

Another non HR direct product would be a mail-in recabling of HD800 cables to converted to balanced (much like you do already with the 650 cable, but since the 800 cable is $$, many might like the conversion you've done there to their own 800 cables). This would lower the cost of getting into a balanced set, which would make your balanced products desirable. Why tie up cash when only a single set is needed? Sure, people wouldn't be able to return them with the mod, but they could buy a new stock cable if they really needed to. As far as I know, no one provides this service, and many won't want to hack it themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back