What's it worth?
Dec 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

groovyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's a simple and purely hypothetical question for everyone...

How much would you be willing to spend to have your entire music collection replaced by 100% HD tracks (not necessarily from HDtrack) assuming they were authentically mastered from the originals in any 96/24 lossless format?  Lets also assume they were all properly tagged and with high quality album art, certificate of authenticity, etc.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 4
  Here's a simple and purely hypothetical question for everyone...

How much would you be willing to spend to have your entire music collection replaced by 100% HD tracks (not necessarily from HDtrack) assuming they were authentically mastered from the originals in any 96/24 lossless format?  Lets also assume they were all properly tagged and with high quality album art, certificate of authenticity, etc.

If the mastering is the same as the CD, then I'd pay maybe $100 to get 16/44.1 files but with the tagging I want. Tagging is a PITA. As far as paying extra for 24/96, I wouldn't. Why pay for what I can't hear?

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 4

If the mastering is the same as the CD, then I'd pay maybe $100 to get 16/44.1 files but with the tagging I want. Tagging is a PITA. As far as paying extra for 24/96, I wouldn't. Why pay for what I can't hear?

Let's assume the mastering was done at 24/96 for these tracks in a way that the original limitations of 16/44 are not there at all... hypothetical here. ie. they recorded the tracks at 24/96 in the studio.

I almost forgot to answer my own question... I have 20k songs in my library and I would comfortably pay up to $2k for this, so about 10 cents per song.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 4

Let's assume the mastering was done at 24/96 for these tracks in a way that the original limitations of 16/44 are not there at all... hypothetical here. ie. they recorded the tracks at 24/96 in the studio.

I almost forgot to answer my own question... I have 20k songs in my library and I would comfortably pay up to $2k for this, so about 10 cents per song.

There aren't any aural limitations to 16/44.1, hence not paying anything more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back