What's happened to my META42???
Dec 25, 2003 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skoiboy

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys...I can't afford(want to afford) the every couple months upgrade to the best new DIY amp.....So the meta was the greatest thing 6 months ago...what happened...I've read about the new stuff...but where does the meta stand in comparison...Obviously the new is better but, serious, you guy where saying the meta sounded like a thousand dollar amp a couple months ago...so where are we now...Must I upgrade my meta to get my DT770's to sound even better (if you say yes, I will...since I can't control myself when it comes to sound quality
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Just trying to fire up a conversation...

(I'm a current meta owner that was meant to believe this thing was the best ever....well at the time
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dec 25, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Great answer....That's all I wanted to hear from this board....I wanted someone to tell me the 6 months a go so called GREAT meta is still good even though no one cares about it anymore....

As with all my posts, below you'll see what I'm running...I'm thinking about adding an ART DI/O or some type of DAC...any suggestions on my setup????

Dec 25, 2003 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 4
If you want to stick with computer audio then a DAC's a good idea. There are one of two ART DI/O's in the for sale section right now, I'd check there if that's what you're interested in. If I were going to buy a DAC I'd check out the Ack! dAck! (Read this thread for more information).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back