What's going on with my Shure SE110s?
Dec 22, 2008 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Ninjax

Head-Fier
Today I recieved my Shure SE110 after a long wait, when I put them on the sound coming out of them were terrible. I compared them to one cheap £3 headphones and better sound was coming out of them. It seemed like the sound coming out of the Se110s were blocked, like someone had poured water on it. Am I doing something wrong here? Because I am disgusted.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 15
I don't think they are fakes as I bought them of play.com.
I don't know if the product is faulty or if the earphones are like this. If I opt for a replacement and I find out that the earphones are like this I doubt I'll be able to return it again.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 15
although i personally hate the 110s. they definately don't sound like you're describing them. if you got them from an authorized dealer send them in. that's what the warranty is for. if not then sucks for you my good man.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 15
I wasn't keen on the sound of the 210's so it may be just the way they are. I feel that the sound is not very extended and rolled off up top. They sound 'middley' with not a great deal of extension in comparison to other IEM's.

I thought that maybe it's just my ears because many people like them, but I couldn't get on with them.

Ian

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably got a poor seal. Try experimenting with the tips to find some that fit you. In general, I think foam tips are the easiest to get a good seal with. Check out this video from etymotic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivatives_Beast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds hollow right. Plug out the SE110 from the extension cable and plug in again. Watch the volume, ears are precious. Good luck.

Tried it, had no effect..
Thanks though.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 15
Sorry to revive and old thread, but i'm scratching my head trying to find the correct triple flanges for my SE110's.

I've found the PA755 and the EA306, which would be the correct ones to use?

I can't get used to the foam ones and i'd probably go through hundreds before it dies.  The rubber ones don't agree with my ears, I use the medium ones.  The smaller ones are too loose for me, but I have noticed that after inserting foam into the mediums the bass has improved.  Would the triples be more comfortable or even offer the same/better seal than my modded rubbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back