What's going on with cd Recoders these days
Sep 15, 2003 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tom M

500+ Head-Fier
you don't see as many cd-r decks around. Marantz for example seams to have discontinued all of theirs and brought back a cassette deck. Denon now has only one cd-r model. I'm not sure of Hk or any others.

Sep 16, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
you don't see as many cd-r decks around. Marantz for example seams to have discontinued all of theirs and brought back a cassette deck. Denon now has only one cd-r model. I'm not sure of Hk or any others.

There are still some to be had, both most people either dont care or wont bother doing anything other than making lifeless, low grade copies on their cheap pc cd burners and so the market has all but died. Another factor is the issue that "music" cd recorders require blank "music" cd's which cost about a buck each, compared to mere cents for blank pc cd media.
I've gone through three of these before getting one that truly makes high quality recordings that satisfy me. I talked to several people who do studio work, and they ALL recommended the Sony CDR-W33, as did Oade Brothers (and they sell Tascam and everything else). Its is available for only about $460.00. It also allows you to make copies on the very inexpensive standard cd blanks.
It even has super Bit Mapping and the sound quality of copies is incredible. If you want and/or need one, I would grab one of these. These, and the Tascam and other units exist because they are all the pros will use in the studio. I hope that helps.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back