whats CLOSE to the RS-1? (dont have enough)
May 26, 2003 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
Alright i think im coming to the reality that i just dont have enough money for used RS-1's. I already bought an RA-1 and its on the way and im wondering what the closest would be to the RS-1s that are less and would work with the RA-1?
thanks
chris

May 26, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 9
you could have built the RA1....

its rather easy, my parts for one are being orderdd as i type...

May 26, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 9
i have no skill at all when it comes to DIY id probably end up spending just as much because id screw up so much, also i got the RA-1 for $200 so i found a pretty damn good deal on it, that i could easily make the money back for if i didnt want it. but i didnt really want to know about that because i already bought the amp. Does the RS-2 come that close? are there others that come closer for less?

May 26, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 9
that is a good deal, but whatever floats your boat.

and on the phones, Duncan said dont bother with the RS2's, go for the 325's.

He said there is not much difference at all.

May 26, 2003 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
What about ATH-W100's im loving the wood look (cant resist) are those alike?

I found the ATH-W100's to be really mellow... I hated listening to rock through them. I wasn't using an amp and they were going straight out of my JB3 but they're low impedance phones so that shouldn't have a problem. They were great for acoustic music (namely a band called Pinback) but just didn't do it when it came to Local H, Rage Against the Machine, At the Drive-In... you name it.

I had Grado SR-80's and loved 'em... good forward phone. Eventually, I will have 325's
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I would say that the ATH-W100's most likely don't sound anything like the SR-325's... they didn't sound a bit like the SR-80's.

May 26, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks screwdriver just emailed me saying that he would sell me his RA-1 Clone for a low price, that way i could sell the actual RA-1 and have about $125-150 (depending on Ebay) extra which would allow me to get the RS-1s i think i finally have it figure out
thanks
chris

May 26, 2003 at 1:24 PM Post #9 of 9
you can get all of the parts for under $50, go to the DIY forum and do a sarch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back