What's Better PS2 or XBox
Sep 30, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
Mi$'s idea of game development is to buy a game company and use it's reputation to sell games. Like RARE, Ltd.

Sounds like this other company, Sony. They've been buying up small game developers at a frantic pace since PSone.

Oct 1, 2002 at 4:46 AM Post #19 of 25
I would say go for an xbox since they have just aquired Rare and the british company is set to release what.... 6 six games? in two years. I've enjoyed the past Rare games that they have made for Nintendo, and it can be said you will have good games from Rare.

also I haven't read much up on PS2 so i don't know of any good games to be released on it in the future(this is all off teh top of my head), but if you were an rpg freak you might want to invest in a PS2.

If I had an xbox I would so get Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball!!!!

I mean you can't go wrong with virtual babes playing for articles of clothing and other accesories!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Just wondering which game console was a better choice?
Should have mentioned it's a gift for someone.

Since it's a gift for someone (probably a kid) either is a great choice. The XBOX has Halo, which is pretty overwhelmingly popular. If he's a geeky Japanese rpg kid, tho, you gotta love sony.

Oct 2, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 25
Decided on the PS2. Picked it up tonight. My daughter and I played Jimmy Neutron on it. So far I am very, impressed. I also picked up Gran Turismo 3 for me. Now that's an awesome game. Now I need a digital cable to hook up to my surround processor. Any suggestions for other games? Children's of course
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 25
Disney pops into my mind
biggrin.gif

Square and Disney did an Rpg (kingdom hearts) together so it should certainly be appropiate for your daughter and hey did i mention they have disney characters! so I think its definitly worth checking out if you can.

I'm not sure what rating "Sly Cooper and the Theivius Raccoonus" got, but it looks like a fun game you two could get.

hmm.... oh yeah that kelly slater pro surfer looks really nice.
biggrin.gif

well i'm out of thoughts for now. enjoy that PS2 with your daughter.

Oct 2, 2002 at 1:42 PM Post #24 of 25
lextex
How old is your daughter? For games for you, GT3 was a good start - and the ones Nick mentioned. I'd also add Virtual Fighter 4 to your list and maybe Wipeout Fusion. If your daughter is pretty young, you might pick up Klonoa 2. If she's a bit older and good at problem solving, Ico is a cool rpg'ish action game and of course Final Fantasy X if she's more advanced (or if you like RPGs too). Girls tend to get into the gun games a lot, but that means you have to buy the guns (or the games packaged with the guns cost a little more). The Point Blank games are fun and nonviolent. If violence isn't an issue for you, the Time Crisis games are excellent too. Remember, PS1 games are, except for about a dozen, compatible with the PS2 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back