What's best about ultimate ears
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

therock003

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a shure s530 owner and I'm wandering what the advantages of the other great product line are, I'm refering to the ultimate ears products of course.

Btw I keep hearing mentions of the triple fi 10 but what about the ultimate ears pro 10 and 11?

So what's so great about the us and what are the shire owner missing?

I also have noticed they are now sponsored by logitech? Has the ownership Switched hands to logitech or are "they mere sposnsors"?

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 17
Nothing. Shure is bad, and UE/Logish!t is equally as bad. They USED to make good products, until Logish!t took over and quality went down the drain., Instead of spending time to diagnose a problem, they just ship you a new pair/cable etc...CS is crap and non-existent. Better off elsewhere.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing. Shure is bad, and UE/Logish!t is equally as bad. They USED to make good products, until Logish!t took over and quality went down the drain., Instead of spending time to diagnose a problem, they just ship you a new pair/cable etc...CS is crap and non-existent. Better off elsewhere.

Wow, someone has a chip they need to get rid of.

Logitech bought UE. As for the pro 10 and 11's you'll have to wait for someone to comment on them. Oh, and Ultimate Ears is in control of the pro lines -- Logitech is in control of the consumer lines.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 17
Yeah...several bad experiences with them, namely losing my headphones.
frown.gif

Got nothing against their Custom lines though, might be a tad expensive comparing to what you can get from JH Audio or elsewhere, but still top-notched stuff.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Yeah...several bad experiences with them, namely losing my headphones.
frown.gif

Actually, UE before they got bought out had shipped out replacement IEMs which got lost by Fedex for me once. They shipped out another pair immediately though. Did they lose them at the warehouse or what happened exactly?

Quote:

Got nothing against their Custom lines though, might be a tad expensive comparing to what you can get from JH Audio or elsewhere, but still top-notched stuff.

I wish I had experience with their custom lines, but I stick to universal fits in case I decide to resell and change makes.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 17
This was after the takeover...I shipped a pair of Triple.Fi's and super.fi's to them (delivery confirmation showed that someone signed for it), they lost it, and I've been out the pair. My compensation? A 50% off coupon....no headphones. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

This was after the takeover...I shipped a pair of Triple.Fi's and super.fi's to them (delivery confirmation showed that someone signed for it), they lost it, and I've been out the pair. My compensation? A 50% off coupon....no headphones. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

If you had a tracking number that showed it was delivered I would have provided it and asked till you could get the highest supervisor possible.

I've had companies lose products and that's always worked for me
confused.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 17
Meh, not going into more details...lets just say that after they said they were gonna refer me to a supervisor, I heard nothing from them again...I want to be done with this company.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Meh, not going into more details...lets just say that after they said they were gonna refer me to a supervisor, I heard nothing from them again...I want to be done with this company.

And? They didn't call you back . . . ? I had issues with Dell and various others not calling back, you know what I did? I called them back and immediately demanded a supervisor every time.

Sounds like you got stuck at first level CSR and didn't push hard enough -- given, it's poor CS that you should even have to, but it's becoming the norm so one should get accustomed to it. That's just me though.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

I did...call and email, started a new complaint, nothing worked.

That sounds very different from your previous post.

If you're going to drag a company through the mud on head-fi be prepared to give numerous details regarding the incident. Especially if you're trying to use it as a warning to prevent others doing business with them.

Quote:

Meh as I said, I don't care about them anymore.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have entered this thread to denounce them in the first place.

EDIT:

Just to make this clear, I have no doubt that Logitech messed something up. However, I'm not sure how you followed through, how often you called, who you spoke to, etc.

These are the things we need to know, and offer validity to what you're saying.

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #14 of 17
You know what, forget about it, I'm done. No need for me to explain myself. Whether you choose to listen to, or ignore me are none of my problems, have a great life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back