What's become of the Headwize Project Pages?
Jul 8, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 15
I think this outtage is more than just the typical bandwidth issues. I've heard, but not confirmed, that Chu isn't feeling very well lately. Here's to hoping that both he and his site make a speedy recovery.

Nate

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 15
Someone needs to back up and archive that site or chu needs to complete that project library book.This is a resource that can not be lost and these periodic outages are friggin' aggravating
rolleyes.gif

hopefully the news of chu not feeling well is wrong and if true i wish him a very speedy recovery.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

i'd buy it on a cd.

as would I but my suggestion to Chu was to offer the entirety of the Headwize Project Library and technical papers in a printable format that fit in a three ring binder so updates and adendums could be added with ease.
Pay a fee and the "key" to unlock the downloadable "copyrighted" pages would allow not just for the site download and printable pages but makes any updates a simple task.Download and print !
A cool faux leather three ring binder with the Headwize logo could also have been made available and stacked with projects would make a really cool addition to the bookshelf but that was over a year ago and so far nothing has happened so i do not expect any progress in this area.Would be cool though

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Chu isn't feeling very well lately.

Where'd you hear this?

Well, the site is back now, but you've got me worried about the webmaster.

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 15
I'm not sure how much bandwidth the headwize stuff uses, but I'd be willing to offer my company's hosting services for free to help support them if the bandwidth utilization isn't tremendously huge.

Both myself and my business partner are avid followers of headphone audio. I'd be happy to give back to the community, headwize is what got me into the DIY headphone stuff.

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #12 of 15
Yeah,

I have a small filing cabinet just in case. (Three bureau. One for tube. One for Solids, and One for specs.) I am pretty much ready if power go down ... I think ...

Anyways, keep some print out of schematics you often use. Also, keep one copy of opamp specs. I have hard time remembering the pin layout, especially up side down. They come in handy when you don't wanna go online every so often. (Also, having a cabinet full of schematics impresses bosses.)

Tomo

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:44 PM Post #13 of 15
I have the full and complete archive (with chu moy's permission) backed
up twice, on 2 different servers, both of which have mirrored hard drives and
nightly backups. The archive is not going disappear. Until i get chu moy's
permission i can't post the links. Its about 110 meg big.

Jul 8, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixie
Where'd you hear this?

From a source close enough to Chu to trust it, sorry to be so cloak and dager but as a general rule I don't discuss private conversations without the consent of the other half first. I have no idea of the severity (or lack thereof) of what is or what was going on. Only that he had not been feeling well as of late and hadn't had time to deal with the problems Headwize was having.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
I have the full and complete archive (with chu moy's permission) backed up twice, on 2 different servers, both of which have mirrored hard drives and nightly backups. The archive is not going disappear.

Good to know Kevin, thanks for making sure it never gets lost.

N

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

I have the full and complete archive (with chu moy's permission) backed
up twice, on 2 different servers, both of which have mirrored hard drives and
nightly backups. The archive is not going disappear. Until i get chu moy's
permission i can't post the links. Its about 110 meg big.

Great news.No way that site can be allowed to slip away if something happened or it was hacked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back