Whats a good USB DAC to replace my NI Audio2DJ for Computer setup?
Nov 15, 2013 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iandroo888

New Head-Fier
So my current setup goes as this:

Computer ==> Native Instruments Audio2DJ ==> Lepai LP-2020A+ ==> Dayton SUB-1000 ==> Dayton B652's

For some odd reason, when i pause and play videos sometimes, the sound would get static-y.. i would have to enable the other side (A and B outputs... A on speakers, B on headphones).. wait a few seconds, then enable A again. sometimes takes a few tries to go back to normal. 

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/22/native-instruments-audio-2-dj-claims-title-of-worlds-smallest/

Dont remember where/when i got the Audio2DJ but im lookin to see what i can replace it with? Since Black Friday is coming up, maybe can keep an eye out and see if any sales =P

USB please. preferably to have TWO 1/4" TRS (or 3.5mm) outputs like the Audio2DJ so i dont need to unplug and replug things that i need (but if thats not possible, then can ignore) 

Budget < $100 USD 

Been lookin around this thread for cheaper DACs but all of the ones ive seen are so expensive T.T 

----Edit----

So there is the Schiit Modi for $99 that has 2 - RCA outputs (rear), no additional for my headphones. 

Also there is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for $149 that has 2 - 1/4" TRS outputs (rear), a 1/4" TRS output (front) for headphones, and 2 - 1/4" TRS & XLR Combo inputs (front). Seems best bang for buck for what you get compared to the Schiit Modi. 

Any quality comparisons? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back