1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What's a good upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro?

1. rihsc102
    Looking to get some new headphones to go with my new Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Modi 2 Uber. I have had the DT990 Pros for a couple of years and have been happy with them, but I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade.

My opinion on the DT990 Pros:

lower bass - excellent, almost perfect for me
    upper bass - not nearly as good as the lower bass, lacking impact
    mids - not great, recessed
    detail - excellent on non complex tracks, not so great when there's a lot going on
    highs - too strong
    soundstage - good

I listen to a wide range of music, electronic, house, bass, pop, acoustic, vocal.

I have found some ex-display (box opened only 3 months ago) Beyerdynamic T90s for £280. Seems like a bargain, but I just wanted to see if these would be suitable based on my opinion of the DT 990 Pros? Would it be a massive upgrade? Or just a small one? I can spend a bit more if there's something that's a lot better or more suitable for my tastes, but not more than £450.

Any help is appreciated.

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    The Beyerdynamic T90 are my preferred headphone, for all audio :)

280 GBP ($410) is a good price for a T90 that is in a "new like" condition. and comes with a fully warranty.

3. rihsc102
    I called back to order them today and they only actually charged me £243. Price was £270, but I got an extra 10% again for being ex-display. I'm not sure why because the price was already discounted for them being ex-display. I'm certainly not complaining though. They come with a 2 year guarantee.

Can't wait for them to arrive!

I've just put my Magni 2 Uber on eBay to raise some money towards a tube amp.