whats a good small form factor desktop speaker amp ?
Aug 6, 2023 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lostrockets

Head-Fier
i have a tube amp currently for music and wanted to avoid using the tubes when i just listen to spoken audio, like a tutorial or audiobook/podcast. was looking at amps like the audioengine n22 and use an amp switch to go back and forth when necessary.

bluetooth functionality would be great but not required.

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 3
i have a tube amp currently for music and wanted to avoid using the tubes when i just listen to spoken audio, like a tutorial or audiobook/podcast. was looking at amps like the audioengine n22 and use an amp switch to go back and forth when necessary.

bluetooth functionality would be great but not required.
I've been using these Sony Bluetooth speakers for almost a year now. They're fantastically convenient. Two can be paired into a stereo combination controlled from a single source (my Samsung Galaxy most often). The bass coming from these tiny speakers is unbelievable. I use them while cooking and for many other things, too. They're even somewhat water-proof. Obviously, the amp is built-in with the Bluetooth circuitry. They recharge with common phone chargers.

SONY XB13 Extra Bass Portable Waterproof Indoor/Outdoor Compact Speaker

Of course, if you already have speakers, they would become superfluous. I've found these so convenient it may not matter, however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back