What's a good player for me?
Jul 3, 2007 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

karmypolitics

100+ Head-Fier
Currently I have an H120 rockbox'd.

I like it, but I'm afraid that it's going to die soon.

Just wondering what else is out there. I do need something that is larger than 20 gb... I tend to run out of space, and I just like being able to leave old stuff on there and find it later while on a trip.

I won't be using a portable amp (probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of btw), so a quality headphone out is important.

So, to recap, HD-based player that's 40-60-80gb, and with a good headphone out

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 16
zune. the computer software may be alittle annoying, but it has a great headphone out, and its really easy to learn and use.

unfortunately it only comes in 30gb. if this is enough, then great, if not there are mods to switch out the hdd. unfortunately no rockbox yet.

hope this helped, i love my zune.

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 16
Zune

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 16
If the size of your iRiver doesn't bother you, and battery life is not a top concern, the Zune is a possible choice for its good sound. I got mine about a month ago, and have now semi-permanently installed it in my car - its not portable enough for me (size), and my car can charge it (battery), but it is durable and easy to navigate.

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 16
Zune is the most solid out of all the other popular choices, which I've owned (ipod/zen/sony). It's build is just golden. First player that I pulled out that gave me that "WOW" feeling

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First player that I pulled out that gave me that "WOW" feeling

Totoally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zune. the computer software may be alittle annoying, but it has a great headphone out, and its really easy to learn and use.

unfortunately it only comes in 30gb. if this is enough, then great, if not there are mods to switch out the hdd. unfortunately no rockbox yet.

hope this helped, i love my zune.

It's fairly easy to pop in a new 100 gig drive yourself. Then you can sell the old one and it wont even hurt your pockets that much.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 16
yeah, unfortunately it appears that the zune suffers from

1. lack of gapless playback
2. lack of usb drive support

in relation to the h120. Pretty important features in my book. Perhaps the Zune 2 will fix those

Jul 4, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmypolitics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, unfortunately it appears that the zune suffers from

1. lack of gapless playback
2. lack of usb drive support

in relation to the h120. Pretty important features in my book. Perhaps the Zune 2 will fix those

To be honest, those don't kill me unless I'm listening to say, a concept album, in which each song morphs into the next

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #14 of 16
1. lack of gapless playback. To me i dont see why anyone would care about that...
2. lack of usb drive support. Huh?

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, those don't kill me unless I'm listening to say, a concept album, in which each song morphs into the next

OH yah, well all of the albums I have like that have every track all wrapped up into one file. So I just listen to it straight through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back