Whats a good nationwide family healthcare plan?
Aug 13, 2003 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
I have a few members in my family with lifelong injuries and the fees for medical supplies and such became ridiculous to the point where my quality of life consists of internet and my existing gear.

I can use a break and someone mentioned to apply for one of those healthcare plans. Does anyone know of a decent company which I can apply to for a family health care plan? Nationwide coverage isn't necessary since I live in NY. The most important thing is how well and efficiently they honor their claims and the membership price per month. Having a large choice of places that honor the plan would be nice too. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 5
The problem is that many health care plan do not cover pre-existing conditions.

Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the most widely accepted plan in the tri-state area.

Get some info on them to see if they will cover your situation.

Do realize that the monthly outlay will not be cheap without an employer subsidizing some of the cost.

$500 per month for a family plan is not an outrageous amount!

Aug 14, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 5
I applied to Kaiser, they are very good, but they wouldn't accept me. They wanted $134/month.

Then I applied to the Oregon Medical Pool, for my age (27), they wanted $172/month. BTW, this doesn't include dental. That's pretty steep for someone in their 20's. Of course you have to wait six months for pre-existing conditions to be covered and there's a lifetime coverage amount of 1 million.

Now I'm employed and it's $60/month pre-tax, regardless of age.

You really have to get health coverage through your employer these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back