Whats a good headphone amp?
Sep 1, 2008 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MaxQ

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I own a pair of Senneizer HD 595 and they sound great. I realize I need an amp to get the full sound of these cans. I'm currently using my Numark mixer as it has a built in headphone amp built in. The question is should I be using a different or better headphone amp for these? I'm Looking to spend about 200 if need be. I saw some with tubes, can it really make a difference? Any info or recommendations would be great!!

Thanks

George

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 123cans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at the Travagans or Firestone line
smily_headphones1.gif

Index-Travagan's shop

www.firestone-audio.com

Thanks but both are kinda ugly...lol

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little Dot MK3 is perfect with HD595 imo. If you Google LD MK3 you will find a blog review on LD MK3 using HD595 as reference.

Now thats what Im talking about..where can I find one for a nice price?

Thanks
George

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 11
In advance of your future heaphone upgrade, I recommend the Woo Audio WA6 SE. Buy the standard version but order the Sophia Princess 274b rectifier tube. You should be able to bring this in under $1200.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In advance of your future heaphone upgrade, I recommend the Woo Audio WA6 SE. Buy the standard version but order the Sophia Princess 274b rectifier tube. You should be able to bring this in under $1200.

who said anything about a future heaphone upgrade?

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #11 of 11
As a previous owner of HD595, I think they pair very well with a solid-state. Their low impedance suggests for a SS.

Just my two cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back