Whats a good CD player?
Jan 31, 2004 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Willchilton

New Head-Fier
i have an iPod and a Rio Volt sp 250. I use the Rio at home for hooking it up to my stereo. My Rio has had an abnormally long life. I have used it to play several CDs a day for over two years now. I think it's dying. It's starting to skip more, and reading fewer CDs, and just acting much slower. If it does die, I am interested to know what is a good relativy cheap CD player? I don't need it to play mp3, or anything, I just need it to hook up to my stereo and sound good and not skip. Anyone have suggestions?

Jan 31, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 3
You're probably an ideal candidate for one of the cheaper 'classic PCDP's'. Research Duncan's reviews and hunt for one on here or ebay. The D-33's not bad at all... and it's still dirt cheap. Avoid the 'herd-ranked' and probably artificially highly regarded (by owners to increase their resale prices)high-end PCDP's. Some like the D-777 now go for prices way, way over their sonic benefits.

Jan 31, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Do a search for iRiver players, the vintage Sony players. And there's also a quite recent thread about a new Aiwa player. I currently am testing the european version and think for cheap non vintage player it's promising.

-edit-
Does it need to be portable? A full sized CDP will sound better then any of the above mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back