What's a good asking price for my HD650's?
Nov 4, 2017 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GimmeCans

Head-Fier
Heard the Beyer Amirons at a show yesterday & was really impressed. They more than held their own against the more expensive Focal Elears and even the MUCH more expensive Utopias. Plus my tastes seem to be changing due to influence of my other 'phones, all of which are more 'neutral'. I may be able to get a 'demo unit' deal, so I gotta decide soon.

So what's a good asking price? Excellent condition, original box etc. Has Sennheiser destroyed the used market with the Massdrop 6xx? Or are they still worth something?

I also notice that Senn is introducing the HD660S but according to what little information is out there, it seems to be promoted as an improvement in distortion performance, not a different sound signature, so I don't know. It appears practically identical to the HD650, but I bet the design made some change that prevents simply retrofitting the driver element.

Anyway, appreciate any thoughts on getting a reasonable price for the 650s. There is some number at which I'd just keep them, but I'm not sure what that number is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back