What's a fair price for a Sony MDR-SA5000 headphones without the drivers and cable/plug
Feb 19, 2023 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mmmmkay

New Head-Fier
Just wondering.. I have a pair of these that I've been using with SA-3000 drivers. But after installing the drivers back into the SA-3000 headset, I came to the conclusion that there's no secret sauce to the SA5000 frame that would make the drivers sound any better

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 5
Are you saying you have an SA5000 with no drivers or cable? Essentially for parts/diy modding only?

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Are you saying you have an SA5000 with no drivers or cable? Essentially for parts/diy modding only?
Essentially, yes. I see them going for $600 fully working, on ebay. But the sellers are japanese. And they tend to mark up their items super high. The frame and cups are in good shape. The original earpads are completely worn out. Is $200 usd a fair price?
I don't have the original drivers, or the cable. Those were damaged and accidentally placed inside a box chuck-full of cables donated to goodwill.

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Gotcha. eBay pricing is not here pricing, because the sellers know they pay eBay fees on top of their sale price. And buyers pay tax on top.

I'd say a fully working one would be more like $450, so I think you can ask for $200 and be open to offers. It's one of those things that are hard to price, but if someone needs it, they need it.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Gotcha. eBay pricing is not here pricing, because the sellers know they pay eBay fees on top of their sale price. And buyers pay tax on top.

I'd say a fully working one would be more like $450, so I think you can ask for $200 and be open to offers. It's one of those things that are hard to price, but if someone needs it, they need it.
I'm trying to avoid selling on ebay. They don't allow sellers to use paypal anymore. And I'm not handing over my bank info to them to sell on there. Ok, so I guess around $200 would do. Thanks for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back