What'd you buy this week????
Mar 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Milner

500+ Head-Fier
So what did you buy this week? I know I am not the only one here addicted to the rush of buying new (new to me) music. Brick and Mortar, in store, real purchases! (no DL's)

I'll start, it is a good week. I usually make it in every Tuesday, but didn't get there until lunch today. So here the are:
1. Yael Naim & David Donatien- self titled
2. Raconteurs- Consolers of the Lonely
3. Panic at the Disco- Pretty Odd
4. Be Your Own Pet- Get Awkward
5. The Hush Sound- Goodbye Blues

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 21
Hi!
I've bought Cloud Nine - Millennium (by Mark Brydon from Moloko) for 4€ brandnew!
And I'm waiting for the MS-1 that were shipped by Alessandro on Monday, but wrong section, sorry :)
Greets
Jonas

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 21
Pink Floyd- Wish you were here.

I've got a limited budget and want to grow my Opeth and Pink Floyd collections.
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Legend of Zelda OST
smily_headphones1.gif

Respect.

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 21
1st pressing CDs from Japan....

Asia - Alpha (35DP 80)
John Williams - Concierto de Japan (38DC 155)
Steve Perry - Street Talk (35DP 148)
Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes (3800 Yen version)
Sheena Easton - Do You (Black Triangle CD)
Heart - self-titled CD from 1985 (Black Triangle CD)

Also....

Wilson Philips - Greatest Hits (with Brian Wilson on one track)

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 21
^I think sometimes it is appropriate to have "what did you buy today/this week" threads other than the long term general one. When several anticipated releases coincide it can be interesting to see what other people chose and to discuss them.

That doesn't happen so much in the 5 things bought recently thread since it seems that not so many people visit it regularly to check on discussion. Mainly to just list purchases.

I didn't buy anything this week actually. Only relatively soon release I am anticipating at this point is Portishead.

Enjoy the music. Happy listening.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 21
Kinda my thinking....

The Yael- Only one time through so far....Most of the CD is not nearly as poppy and stick-in-your-head as the one in the AirBook ad.

Raconteurs- Also one time through. Has the possibility to be great....need a a little more time with it. More rocking, little less White Stripes like....

More updates tomorrow.

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 21
You sound like a hip guy there Milner. I'm jealous 'cause I'm too old to be hip anymore!
biggrin.gif
I did buy the new The Raconteurs but haven't peeled it yet. I really enjoyed their last one. It was a nice pop treat. I've heard of the others besides Hush Sound. That's foreign to me.

Any you youngin' checked out Stainless Style by Neon Neon yet? Man those two really nailed the post New Wave, easy listening shiny synth pop sound with that one. I half expect to hear Karate Kid Chicago or Confusion Genesis next on the dial, well maybe outisde the four hip hop tracks that sound a little forced to me. And it's all wrapped up in a loose Delorian concept. Add them to all the other revivalists acts like Cut Copy (they have a new one out too), Feezepop, New Young Pony Club etc. Man, you can throw a stick and hit one nowadays.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sound like a hip guy there Milner. I'm jealous 'cause I'm too old to be hip anymore!
biggrin.gif
I did buy the new

Not really, just to stubborn to grow up or change my ways....36 going on 22
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #14 of 21
I ordered a couple cds from Amazon, but that probably doesn't count.
Ryan Bingham - Mescalito
Chuck Prophet - Soap and Water
Two CCR Hybrid SACDs, Willie and the Poor Boys and Cosmo's Factory.
In store I got: The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks, it was $10 so I had to.
Probably will pick up a few more later this week. New music rocks.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 21
I just bought RadioHead -Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, OK computer, The Bends, and Hail to the Thief. I have Kid A if you are wondering.
I also Bought Philip Glass - The Hours and
Herbie Hancock - The Joni Letters.
I signed up for BMG and got them all for *free.* You know, $3 a piece, but unfortunately I still have to actually buy a CD for their ridiculous $19 a CD plus $3 shipping. At least I will get 4 *free* cd's for doing it, but then I think I'll be done with that place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back