What would you spend for your perfect setup.
Mar 13, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #46 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1000 to $5000 seemed to be the most reasonable category.

well, i have to agree with this... but it would largely change if I won the lotery!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #47 of 117
I put $5000- 10,000 for what i want. Lets see what itll add up to:

Speakers: Gallo Nucleus Reference 3 $2400
Sub: SVS pb12+ i think like $1100
Amp: Bryston 3bst $1695
CD: Bryston $2400
FM Rcvr: Rotel $500
Tube PreAmp/Headphone amp: Woo2 maxxed $1400
Solid State Pre/Head-amp: HeadAmp GS-1 $849
Wires: Audioquest & Signal cable: around $ $500
--------------------
Total (not including headphones) = $10,844 usd

Mar 13, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #48 of 117
The closest I came was Catamount speakers by North Creek music (no longer made), deHavilland GM70 S.E.T. Monos, Alex Paychev APL modified Denon 3910 CDP (6 dacs per side), Ridge Street AudioPoiema III ICs Speaker Cables, and Power Cords, Sound Application Line Conditioner

That was $30k Then family issue forced me to sell.

Now add the new APL CDP- APL NWO That would bring it to $50k and that would be the end of the road for me.

Of course now my newly found Headphone experience would eliminate the room issue that al the high end equipment in the world can't help if that's not right.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #49 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
Holey shirt! How does a person rationalize spending $6000 on something with absolutely zero utility?! I mean, imagine the good that could be done with that money! For example, I could have every CD I've ever wanted, AND a fantastic sound system to go with my collection! Next time someone has the urge to spend that way, just give me the money instead!
biggrin.gif

Or, you know... charity or something.

They could be limited edition volks that are extremely lightweight to eliminate rotational mass and boost acceleration
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #53 of 117
Kees beat me to it, but I allso voted anything.
If I win the lotery next month, the local audio dealer will have a fantastic year!
And so will the Audi dealer...

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #55 of 117
I'd spend up to $2000.

If I had $10 000.

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #58 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course now my newly found Headphone experience would eliminate the room issue that al the high end equipment in the world can't help if that's not right.

That's true and that's why my father is building a house with a huge basement custom architectured for his hifi setup. 3,5m ceiling , special sound isolation, woofers integrated in the floor etc etc.. His dream/obsession finally comes true. he's been building speakers as a hobby for 40 years now and room correction is his worse nightmare.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #59 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for $1000 to $5000.

I'm in the process of sliming down my inventory and hope to end up with just my mac, HR balanced desktop amp with dac and a few pairs of balanced cans.

May I ask what the purpose of "sliming down" your equipment is?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #60 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's true and that's why my father is building a house with a huge basement custom architectured for his hifi setup. 3,5m ceiling , special sound isolation, woofers integrated in the floor etc etc.. His dream/obsession finally comes true. he's been building speakers as a hobby for 40 years now and room correction is his worse nightmare.

Building speakers as a hobby? How cool is that?
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back