What would you recommend...
Dec 1, 2003 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dohminator

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some really good new music, and I want some recommendations.

My favorite band in the world is the Smashing Pumpkins and consequently Zwan. I've loved Billy Corgan's music for years and I never get tired of it. The complexity and beauty of the composition, the lyrics, the emotion in the singing. Those are things I like.

Based solely on that information recommend me something good to listen too.

Dec 3, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 10
Nothing really like them.

I would say Garbage. Maybe Placebo.

Dec 3, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 10
If you really like the direction Corgan has taken Zwan, perhaps you might wanna check out the Flaming lips? Just my $.02 I know alot of people who are die-hard fans of both.

Dec 4, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 10
Yeah, I think the Flaming Lips would be good. Maybe Modest Mouse too. They are not my cup of tea, but they are good and very well-regarded. Not that similar to Smashing Pumpkins...but for some reason they are in the same general area of my brain....

Dec 10, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 10
Yes. I think you might like Placebo. Also try A Perfect Circle's new CD called Thirteenth Step.

bat_angel.gif

Dec 10, 2003 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for the recommendations guys. My birthday and Christmass are coming up soon so I have some gifts I can ask for.

Dec 11, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 10
try some of the older "porcupine tree"

particularly "the sky moves sideways" "up the downstair" "staircase infinities"

it will remind you of pink floyd with some classical prog twists

Dec 11, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 10
Modest Mouse > *

Buy "The Moon and Antarctica" to get yourself started off.

Dec 11, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #10 of 10
give hefner a shot. they're more along the lines of placebo than the pumpkins, but very good stuff. "The Fidelity Wars" is an amazing album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back