What Would You Recommend Me?
Aug 6, 2001 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

disturbed

500+ Head-Fier
Ok First the bad news
I ordered a pair of etys and guess what my uncle liked em so much he took em EVEN BEFORE I GOT TO HEAR EM ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH (Dont ask how! PLS DONT ASK HOW HE GOT THEM)

He, the good guy paid me full for them so I didnt say much and thought I can always order a new pair
biggrin.gif
TeeHeeHee

Now ive been thinking of buying a new Gameboy Advance
(yes I love the GBA)

but if I buy that I wont have enough money for etys

With the amount of money I would spend on the etys I could buy:
Gameboy Advance
Sony ex70's
A gumpack battery for my minidsic player
5 "collector" "rare design" blank minidsics
10 Minidiscs Blanks

All that for what I would pay for the etys

Now I do love music a lot and I listen to my MD a LOT

But I could buy so much more instead of the etys

Would you guys recommend me the ex70's or the 4p for my MD Player?

I mean really how bad/good is the isolation and sound comparing these two?

Hows that for starter questions on deciding what to get?

Aug 6, 2001 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 11
Lol...how is it that you couldn't even get to hear what you bought?

If your uncle did you such a great "favor" in buying what you bought, without letting you even hear them...maybe they still are worth hearing.

Also did you buy them at a cheaper price at Sage Arts? In which case the sale is probably over by now.

And of course we're gonna ask how...thats just too hilarious.

Aug 6, 2001 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 11
I would buy the Ety's. I'm in a similar situation to you, and I've decided I'd rather save up and buy the Ety's or else I'm just going to be unhappy later on down the road with the EX70's. Of course, it's going to take me some time to save up, but I think it will pay off in the end - meaning I won't have to buy the Ety's all over again.
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2001 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
Lol...how is it that you couldn't even get to hear what you bought?

If your uncle did you such a great "favor" in buying what you bought, without letting you even hear them...maybe they still are worth hearing.

Also did you buy them at a cheaper price at Sage Arts? In which case the sale is probably over by now.

And of course we're gonna ask how...thats just too hilarious.

Ok this is how it goes.
Me and my Unc. have a shared box just for recieving stuff
off the net.
He also a music freak like me got SO tempted to try out my new etys he (Obvously he got to the box before me) took em and now he wont give em back...he wont lemme try em for a minute he wont let me touch em...damn just like a kid with candy...he probably sleeps with them and keeps a knife handy too
*Sigh*

(His wife was telling me that "he wont take those damn dildos out of his ears," LOL they do look like dildos in a way
wink.gif
)

Anyway The Etys win Again
biggrin.gif

I never thought about this but my alternative collection is building a bit will the etys be able to handle the heavy stuff?

I even got some old metallica albums
how would they sound on the etys?

Aug 6, 2001 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 11
chych, dont you already have a par of etys?
Just askin
wink.gif

Someone tell me quick how the etys would sound for stuff like Metallica and some alternative stuff ???

Aug 6, 2001 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 11
I have etys en route (stupid back order)... I won't see them for weeks
frown.gif

And I'll bet etys and metacilla would sound fine, just like everything else does with the etys.

Aug 6, 2001 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 11
interestingly enough, ian just got a pair of ex70's and says that isolation aside, the ex70 sounds better than the er4p (with the tape mod). That's only his opinion, but it's good news for us ex70 owners
biggrin.gif

Of course, I doubt that the ex70 could compete with the er4s...

Aug 6, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 11
Neruda: You've gotta be kidding me! It's just the cable! How can the same transducer sound SOOO different....

If the 4Ps really are worse than the EX70s judging by sound, well, the obvious question is: Has anyone tried a cord replacement to increase impedance with the EX70s?

Aug 7, 2001 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Hey vij, thats a great idea... got my 250 ohm adapter right here with me... click, that installs the ex70s to them... and...

Hey this isn't too bad..

Now lets see... taking adapter off...

And, woh, all of the high frequencies came back!
Normal impedance for them now...

This would be so much easier if I had my etys. Funny though, I am going to my uncle's place next week... good thing etys aren't going there
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2001 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm with the whole condom thing, dude. Haven't video games lost their fun yet?

Well, at any rate... I used to own the Ety's...and one night, I was sitting around listening to my RS-1's and decided to put on my ety's for a second for the hell of it.....I did a complete 180 on them.

Compared to the RS-1, they were distant and seemed to show off the bad qualities of the recording I was listening to. I didn't need that crap, so I sent them back to get my money back.

However, plenty of people like them. And, they're okay...just not over 200 dollars ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back