What would YOU like to upgrade in your PC/Audio rig?
Aug 25, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #17 of 33
i have been dreaming of changing my DAC & Amp to the Corda Opera to pair with my DT990.

Im so in love with that work of art......

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only a 6800U??? Is it overclocked?

Ofcourse it is
biggrin.gif

Speeds are max, 1200mhz memory (pretty hardcore IMO) and a humble 430-440mhz for the core.

Not bad for a Flashed 6800GT huh
cool.gif

Btw, i have to re-plan my spendings, my 4-year old JVC TH-A5R (DVD+Reciever) died on me, i think the 5.1 amping stage is dead. I used it as computer speakers, sounded very good too (alot better than that logitech crap). So i am VERY confused now:

Should i buy a 5.1 amp (pretty hard+expensive to get one, since the sub is passive (needs amp) ) and use the JVC speakers.
Should i buy a stereo set of active speakers (pre-amped by E-MU 0404).

Awwww, now me all sad, because both options are damn expensive
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #19 of 33
OH MY GOD!

Someone up there in the skies hate me.... I just spotted a DT990Pro for 160 Euro.

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should i buy a 5.1 amp (pretty hard+expensive to get one, since the sub is passive (needs amp) )...

Passive subwoofers deserve separate power amplifiers. Just run an RCA cable from the subwoofer preamp output on any 5.1+ receiver to a power amplifier (check eBay for dirt cheap power amps) and run a speaker cable to the subwoofer. You'll be able to adjust the relative volume within the receiver.

The 0404 USB + active monitor is one setup I've been considering...

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 33
hmm.. this thread is dangerous.. it gets u thinking of things u want, which leads to u thinking what you want to buy, which gets u to actually buy..

anyway, I want a better DAC (Benchmark DAC1), better amp (Corda Opera), a good closed headphone (L3000), a speaker system (Ferguson Hill FH007) and also a date with Tyra Banks but none of that ain't happening..

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #23 of 33
I'm probably going to be that rare person that says not one thing as it is very near top of the line already & there is nothing that is going to help it audio wise beyond where it is now. I would have to spend a ton of money to take it any further performance wise & still not affect the sound one bit.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #24 of 33
Electrostatic or electret headphones. I'm still kicking myself for missing a pair of Signet TK33's for a ridiculously low price on ebay a while back.

A bunch more program material... That's the really expensive part.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #25 of 33
Well if I ever receive the Storm Pandora, I would like (read: I will) to have my Juli@ modded with a direct I2S output, and then surround it in ERS paper (which I already have). And thats about it.

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #26 of 33
I'd like a new USB DAC, too. I listen more to my comp these days (both to MP3-files, and to CD's played on my comp. I like my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS alot, but I know that an outboard DAC could do better.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #27 of 33
I would like to upgrade my amplifier.
Just have to wait for someone to develop and release one with the features I want.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #28 of 33
A higher-end DAC is within close consideration.

For internal PC components, some further silencing project would be good. That new x1950Pro video card is easily the noisiest component in my system now despite having manually slowed down its fan speed to 25% (it's actually quiet by any standards bar SPCR's). A fanless PSU (cooled by a low-speed fan; I have a P180 Antec case precisely for this purpose) will also be a nice improvement over my current reasonably-quiet Antec PSU.

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 33
Hm....I am pretty serious about getting sr225s and a DAC. I don't know when exactly, but its as soon I have money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back