What would you like to see in a headphone store?
Nov 12, 2011 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PhaedraCorruption

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a Hi-Fi home theater store in Richmond, BC and I'm looking to start carrying headphones other associated gear. Apart from the obvious low markup and ability to demo headphones, what other suggestions do you guys have? 

I would love to know what your thoughts and opinions about what kind of traits in a headphone store would draw you in. 

Thanks

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Frequency response graphs as part of headphone displays would be awesome, but I think that's asking for too much.

Thanks! I did not think about this.

If headroom or some other site gives us permission to use their graphs, I think I would have no problem including those with the displays.

Nov 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Does the ability to demo headphones include the ability to bring and connect our own sources to them?

It's one thing to demo them on a store-owned source out of the user's control, but another thing entirely to try it out on what will likely be the primary source for the headphone in question.

(Also, selection-wise, every store needs more electrostatics, if only so that people can audition them without dropping the big bucks first. I don't expect that to happen due to high prices, but one can dream.)

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Does the ability to demo headphones include the ability to bring and connect our own sources to them?

It's one thing to demo them on a store-owned source out of the user's control, but another thing entirely to try it out on what will likely be the primary source for the headphone in question.

(Also, selection-wise, every store needs more electrostatics, if only so that people can audition them without dropping the big bucks first. I don't expect that to happen due to high prices, but one can dream.)

That's actually the plan.

I don't think we will be carrying mid-end headphones, mostly top of the line flagships and Stax. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back