What would you guys get TF10's, HA-FXD80's, or EPH-100's
Sep 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

JimmyJames3434

New Head-Fier
 I have checked out Jokers thread which was very helpful and detailed, but I was just interested in your individual opnions on these three.

They're all about the same price from what i've found and seem to all get great reviews so i'm kind of torn here. I've tried out the Klipsch S4a's and the Soul 99sl's not sure how they stack up in comparison, my first attempt at getting into higher end IEMs.

Not sure if newer models are coming out soon I should wait on instead though, any help would be great.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 20
The TF10's are really a level above the EPH-100's, which are fine just not as good. Problem is their size/fit, I got custom tips made for mine and I'm now thinking about a re-shelling after I lost one of the tips, unless I go for some Heir Audio's. That's almost an extra $300 I may have spent on them which demonstrates some fondness I'd say.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 20
i cant stress enough, the TF10 Pro are plague,

They are badly designed, they are a step below all the other triple armature IEM´s, the shell design and quality is bad and the cable is just heavy and stiffens up. worst buy i ever made.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
i cant stress enough, the TF10 Pro are plague,

They are badly designed, they are a step below all the other triple armature IEM´s, the shell design and quality is bad and the cable is just heavy and stiffens up. worst buy i ever made.

Don't they get great reviews though? What would you have purchased instead?

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 20
its not the size, its the shape and the cabling thats bad,

Its like having a penis or  a screw sticking out of your ear,

You should have noticed something was wrong (so should i have had) when most people disconnect the cable, connect it the other way around (R->L and L->R) and wear them the other way around.

The tips were meh at best, the cable kept pulling them out of my hears, if you want UE wait till the UE900 comes out, the Triple.fi 10 is truly an abortion of a IEM.

Also its not a true triple Armature, its a dual bass armature (inside the same armature casing) + a single armature for mid and treble,

When one of the tubes broke after 6 months of having them, i sent them away to get replaced, i didnt open the replacement set, sold it NIB and got myself IE8´s.

Those served me well for 2 years untill one of the tubes broke, now i´ve been happy for more or less 9 months with SM3v2

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 20
Literally 10 minutes before I read your post I ordered a pair on Amazon, should I cancel it? 

No don't cancel, TF10 are fit depended, and while one members opinion may be disappointing another majority that have formed a 500 page appreciation thread will say differently. Don't be to concerned about what you've just read. The fit can be troublesome for some, but it's far from the blown out of proportion comments you were reading.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 20
i am but a single voice, if the general current says they are good then i guess you should stick by your choice,

Personaly i would have gone with the yamahas.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
Are they too big?

BTW Just out of curiousity where would to put the Klipsce s4a's  in comparison to the TF10's on a scale of 1-10 . Lets say the TF10's are a 10.

On a 10 scale, S4 is like a 5 or 6, TF10 is a 9. The S4 is terrible compared to the TF10 in every way, including comfort IMO lol. The S4 just doesn't sound very realistic or detailed, and the bass is too overbearing and boomy to me. Vocals (which is somewhat recessed on the TF10) are portrayed with much more realism and detail vs the S4. 

Of course, if the TF10 doesnt work for you out of the box, do the flip mod (left cable in right earpiece and vice versa) and Sony Hybrids/other eartips. Stock tips on TF10 other than the complys are garbage. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 20
The S4's would just fall out of my ears and didn't even sound as good as the SL99's even though I was told the S4's were better by a few people. I have pretty big ear canals so it's hard to find a tip that doesn't fall out and give good noise iso.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 20
i hope they improved the complys for the TF.10 pro

When i had them the tips would last 10-12 days max and then rip.

As for fitting the hybrids, be aware that the hybrids are sligthly smaller then the tube on the triple.fi and that the TF10 pro have a structural week point at the nuzzle,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back