What would you go for...
Sep 9, 2001 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

disturbed

500+ Head-Fier
If you had a choice between...SR-325's or Ety 4-S
either coupled with an amp.

State your reason why?

Would you go for another brand in a similar price range?
Why?

Sep 9, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 12
I would go with the Etys because comparing it to the 325s, they:

-Are low profile
-Isolate very well
-Leaks little
-Extremely flat sound, 20hz-16khz is flat apparantely
-None/little silibance (325 has a lot apparantely)
-Comfortable (which varies)

And thats all I can think of...

Sep 10, 2001 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 12
I second chych's recommendation and reasons, and will also mention the Etys work well for all types of music, less so for the 325s.

Sep 10, 2001 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 12
Well, personally, I don't like the Grado sound, so I'd pick up the ety's. I haven't had the 325's, but I have had the RS-1's, 125's, and Music Series Pro's, and I gotta admit, I like the ety's better. Not as ideal for home listening...well, maybe so, but still, I prefer full size headphones for home listening (my hd600's), but the ety's certainly make me question that preference.

Sep 10, 2001 at 1:58 AM Post #6 of 12
I would have to say the Senn HD-600s. You can get them for cheaper than both the Etys and the Grados from Jan Meier and I like them more than I liked the Ety's or Grado's. I never liked the Grado sound much either.

Sep 10, 2001 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 12
Wait, if the hd600's are a choice I say go for those too
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2001 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

the doctor told me to avoid earplugs

Onix, why? Both my audiologist and my ENT doc said cans like the Ety's are fine as long as you keep the volume down. In fact, in noisy environments they are actually better, since you don't have to turn them up loud to drown out external noise...

Sep 10, 2001 at 3:04 AM Post #9 of 12
I think although Ety's may sound loud...they really are pretty quiet phones because of isolation. I only say this because whenever I take off Ety's even after listening to music which was at decent volume...my computer fans sound like jet engines for awhile.

Sep 10, 2001 at 3:08 AM Post #10 of 12
disturbed: Do you really exspect a proper recommendation, if you don't tell what you are going to use the headphone/plugs for?

Questionmarks from SF!

Manfred / Lini

Sep 10, 2001 at 8:34 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
disturbed: Do you really exspect a proper recommendation, if you don't tell what you are going to use the headphone/plugs for?

Questionmarks from SF!

Manfred / Lini

Ahh...not recommendations just curious on what people have to say
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Lets make it more intresting...for both portable and home use...and also consider the fact that you are willing to carry even full sized babies outside like the HD600 and the 325;s

Sep 10, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #12 of 12
I imagine that most people would not be willing to wear full-sized headphones outside. I don't like things in my ears, so I'd get an HD600 for home and use something cheap like Koss KSC-35 for portable use. No need to use just one headphone for both when you can get such good portable sound out of a $15 headphone. In fact that is what I have done.
wink.gif
I got rid of my SR-125 in favor of the KSC-35s, so there is no reason I would get the SR-325. If I were to spend a lot on a more portable headphone it would probably be the Senn HD25.

--
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back