What would you do in this situation?(noise related)
Dec 8, 2008 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

kg21

1000+ Head-Fier
Here is the situation: the neighborhood right behind ours has gardening/landscaping done once a week(not individual houses, the common areas). It is ridiculously loud, besides the blowers, trimmers, and mowers they also occasionally cut the trees with chain saws. It wouldn't be such a big deal but they always do it in the morning, they begin at 7:30 or 8:00 am and then continue for about 4 hours. Not only does this wake my whole family up every single week, but it is so loud that even when I blast music or turn the tv up it can easily be heard(headphones make it a lot better but I still have to turn it up a ton to not hear them and I don't want my ears to die). I am quite positive we aren't the only ones affected by this, and I wouldn't care if it was the afternoon/evening but it's always once a week and it's always in the morning.

What would you guys do(if anything) in this situation? I don't even know if you can file a noise complaint to the police, maybe I will call them and ask.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 22
I'm guessing you're probably not alone. I would first complain to the housing development itself, then work up to the police if necessary.

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 22
You should contact whoever is responsible for scheduling the landscaping and ask them if they could perform the work later in the day so as not to wake everyone up. If that doesn't work then you just have to start breaking things.

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 22
I would contact the ones responsible for the gardening/landscaping. Letting them know how much I dislike their choice of timing for the activity. Giving them the ability to respond.

Then file a noise complain at the local police if they are not willing to work with you.

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 22
If it's not at the weekend I can't see the problem 8am is not that early on a weekday. I am sure the gardening crew would also like to be still in bed but have a busy schedule and wages to earn.

I'm with the gardeners on this one.

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's not at the weekend I can't see the problem 8am is not that early on a weekday. I am sure the gardening crew would also like to be still in bed but have a busy schedule and wages to earn.

I'm with the gardeners on this one.

That's a good point. I can understand the problem if it's on a Saturday or Sunday, but 8 am is a pretty standard start time for most work. It's still worth a shot to call and complain and see where it gets you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they spring this on you.

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 22
Copper nails will take care of the trees, and a jeep will take care of the grass and landscaping. Do it at night during a noisy thunderstorm. Wash the jeep afterwards. The time for revenge is at hand.
ph34r.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would contact the ones responsible for the gardening/landscaping. Letting them know how much I dislike their choice of timing for the activity. Giving them the ability to respond.

Then file a noise complain at the local police if they are not willing to work with you.

I think this would be your best bet, but you might want to check who's contracting them to do the work and bring it up with them (too). They shouldn't be able to be that disruptive. My neighbors used to do home improvement on the weekends and it drove me batty so I know exactly what you're talking about :[

Dec 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 22
even if it were a weekend, people do work weekends if you're not a 9-5 lemming. stop whining and get over it, that's how the world works. i sleep during the morning/day because i work nights and i get woken up all the time but i'm not going to complain that the trash truck is way too friggin loud at 9 in the morning when i'm dead asleep and tired as hell to work the next day. especially not going to even think about filing a noise complaint let alone to the cops, that's just dumb.

if it bothers you that much, you could prob ask the landscaping guys if they could do it at a later time but most likely they will laugh at you in a different language.

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kill it with fire!

No more landscaping maintenance after that!

I love that this is coming from someone with V for there picture.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back