What would make a nice system for a very small bedroom?
Oct 9, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Do you have a TV in your bedroom currently? I've been thinking that a DVD player in my bedroom might be nice. . . . Otherwise, I'd get a Linn Classik.

Actually, Linn makes a DVD version of the Classik, though it doesn't do something obvious -- either progressive scan or component video, I forget which. I watched twenty minutes of a film with it and thought the image looked fine and of course it sounded sigh-inducingly good when the salesman inserted a Yo-Yo Ma CD (into the Classik, not himself).

The Uniks that get packaged with the DVD Classik Movie are some of the best small speakers I've heard. Bit expensive for most of us as a boudoir setup, though. The system's about $2500.

Onix, the company that makes Rocket speakers and used to make M20s in their DIVA incarnation, are about to debut a device called the DVCeiver, which outputs 60 watts X 5 channels and has a built-in DVD/CD player and tuner as well. It also processes Dolby Digital, DTS and DPLII. It's due in November and is priced at $299 from av123.com. Supposedly, it's to be bundled with their ELT speakers (Extremely Lush Theater), which will cost $895. Here are the dimensions: Speakers: 12" tall, 7" wide and 8" deep. Center: 20" wide, 7" tall and 8" deep. Sub: 19" tall, 12" wide and 15"
deep.

As you might have guessed, I'm toying with trying AV123's 30-day trial with the ELT speakers -- though won't be pairing them with them with the DVCeiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back