What would give me the best sound for Microlab solo 6c
Jul 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 5
Do you have them placed well, with the speakers toed in toward the listening position and the tweeters directed at your ears?

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 5
  Hi , I got the Microlab Solo 6c with Creative X-Fi Titanium , and I'm looking for a way to improve the sound.
Is there a way ?
Thanks .

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before you installed the X-Fi Titanium or the Creative Software?
Is it the Titanium-HD sound card or regular Titanium sound card?
Do you use this setup for just music or for gaming or for movies?
If you have the regular Titanium, then you might consider swapping it out for the newer Sound Blaster Z (better DAC chip).

I'm guessing the best way to improve audio quality is to replace the Solo 6c with better studio monitors.
Maybe try to find a good deal on some used JBL LSR305.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 5

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before you installed the X-Fi Titanium or the Creative Software?
Is it the Titanium-HD sound card or regular Titanium sound card?
Do you use this setup for just music or for gaming or for movies?
If you have the regular Titanium, then you might consider swapping it out for the newer Sound Blaster Z (better DAC chip).

I'm guessing the best way to improve audio quality is to replace the Solo 6c with better studio monitors.
Maybe try to find a good deal on some used JBL LSR305.

Regular Titanium
the Sound blaster Z is better than the Titanium?

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 5
  Regular Titanium
the Sound blaster Z is better than the Titanium?

The SB-Z comes with a better DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) chip, so should have better audio quality
and the SB-Z is able to drive headphones better, then the Titanium (non-HD)

If this setup is more for just music, you could try a Hifimediy USB DAC, $57 + shipping ($8)
A sound card is not really need for music or a two channel speaker setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back