What would be the opposite of the Sennheiser HD 598 ?
Sep 7, 2017 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Renato Fury

500+ Head-Fier
What's up, then ? Well then until a few days ago I intended to buy a tube amplifier to give me a warmer sound for HD598, but thanks to some experts here on the site as one who has the photo of a cat for example I finally understood that what in fact makes a difference is to buy another headphone, but which one ? Because I want something that is totally different from HD598, if the HD598 is the day then I want the night if you understand me, I was thinking about the SR80e Grado but I never tested either of them so I do not know if this would be the option right, but I want a headphone that is not so good for me to despise the HD598 and not so bad to despise the one I want to buy, I want to use both for different situations, I want one to do what the other can not so that they together but if someone asks I intend to drive them with Schiit Fulla 2 and spend a maximum of 200 dollars on that supposed headphone, and then I hear ideas ?

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 13
Soundmagic HP200, stronger bass/treble then the HD598.

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 13
598 is slightly warm and bass-light with a nice relaxed sound. The opposite would be something more lively, punchy bass with sparkly highs, perhaps a bit V shaped in terms of frequency response. I don't have a suggestion for you but I hope this description makes sense!

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 13
I would like a headphone to hear instrumental music, guitar, piano, violin, guitar and etc, for this kind of music I have no doubt that Grado's are the best, but which headphone under 200 dollars can provide that ?

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 13
Possibly something like the Beyerdynamic DT880 is what you are looking for. It is a very bright and forward sound, without super overpowering bass (although the bass is tight and deep). However, the DT880 does work best with a dedicated amp, in all the Ohm variations.

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 13
Possibly something like the Beyerdynamic DT880 is what you are looking for. It is a very bright and forward sound, without super overpowering bass (although the bass is tight and deep). However, the DT880 does work best with a dedicated amp, in all the Ohm variations.
Well I would like to have an amplifier that could drive all kinds of headphones, but my budget only allows me to buy something like the Schiit Fulla 2 that is perfectly capable of driving the Grado's for example.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #10 of 13
Why the DT800, what does it have that the HD 598 does not have?
The Beyer DT880 is a good all around sounding headphone, somewhat on the bright side.
In a very generalized way, not sure there is a big difference in sound between the HD598 and DT880.

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 13
If you want the opposite then the Grados would be my pick.

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 13
Say what now? ^^
Guess I could say the DT880 might not be a big enough difference, from the HD598, to make it a worthwhile difference, for the Thread Starter (OP).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back