What would be a good portable rig under $300 around the iPhone 4S?
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ThickGlasses

1000+ Head-Fier
I wanted to know what a good sub-$300 setup (including interconnects!) would be for the iPhone 4S, so I figured I'd ask here.

I'd prefer if I could use my SE215's too, because I really like the way the sound.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 7
Hey ThickGlasses,

If you want an IEM, the RE-400 seem like a great choice. Quick, easy and most importantly sounds good.

If you're looking for an on-ear, the Momentum On-Ear, Amperior and the V-Moda M80 seem like good choices as well. 

If you want an over-ear that is still portable, try out the V-Moda M100 or the Momentum.

Hope this helped. 

Cheers!

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 7
I'd look for an IEM upgrade. Portable amps and DACs have their purpose, but differences are about incrementally improving the performance of your IEMs over the basic, but competent ones in your iPhone. I'm sure the Shure SE215s you have are quite decent (haven't kept up with whats the latest in IEMs) but I remember the differences between their old $200 through $500 ones (Shure 4c, 5c and E500). Pretty dramatic, plus there are the different manufacturers. $300 used to be a nice sweet spot for higher end consumer IEM and portable cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back