What would Be a good PCDP with MP3 Support?
Oct 27, 2002 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lampshade

New Head-Fier
Under $100 Is an absolute must. The lower the better as long a great amount of quality isn’t sacrificed. I would prefer something capable of reading an ID3 Tag. Will most likely be listening to music on a pair of Sennheiser 280 pros. Will have a homemade CMoy amp most likely (my thanksgiving break project). Please give me some suggestions on what would work good.

Nov 2, 2002 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 5
You might try the Philips EXP313. I've had good experiences with other Philips models. Sound quality has struck me as considerably better than on the Riovolt 250, which I tried and returned. The 250 was unbeatable in terms of user interface, so if you find the Rio sound quality acceptable it might be a better choice. The TDK Mojo has been around for $79 on sale lately. Try J&R . I also returned this one after it started skipping on me after a week or so. Very good navigation, but sound quality wasn't tops either. As far as I know, none of these models has a true line out for your amp. I've seen the Philips, I'm pretty sure for under $100, at Virigin Megastore.

Nov 2, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 5
You can find a Sony D-CJ01 for about $130, which is a bit over your budgeted amount, but well worth it. It has excellent line out for an amp.

Sony also makes a less expensive CD/MP3 portable, around $99. I think the model number is ??-500.

You can find others for less, but they don't compare in build or sound quality. Check etronics for good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back