What would be a good pair of headphones for this purpose?
Dec 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheMiniShady

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones I can use for both gaming and music listening. Also, I don't have a lot of money to spend, so my budget is below 100$. Anyways, one thing that is important is that I want to be able to be able to hear my surroundings, so noise cancelling is something I don't want. I won't be using these headphones with my phone or iPod, so it doesn't need to be portable. Another thing to note is that on my computer I have a DAC/AMP. I don't know really how good it is, but it's an E-MU 0202. (The specs for the headphone amplifier on their website list it with things such as "60 dB gain range, 22 ohm impedance, 16 mW output power") It's USB powered.  I figured that there would be sales on some headphones around this time of the year, so I thought now might be the time to buy them. Anyways, I haven't really found any candidates yet, so it would be great if any of you could name some.

Things to consider:
-I don't really care about how the headphone looks, as long as they sound good
-Noise cancelling should be minimal
-Should be able to work with the amp I have, listed above (click here for specs)
-Should work well for gaming, sometimes music
-Under  or around $100
-Remote control not important, but cable should be strong and able to take damage, preferably but not necessarily removable
-Around-ear or over-ear, not on-ear
-Comfortable
-Portability doesn't matter because I won't use it except on the computer
-Should be durable, able to take abuse.

I hope those aren't too much for an inexpensive set of headphones, but like I said there are discounts and clearances on headphones around this time of the year. I don't care where they are sold, but amazon would be great.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back