what will give me the tube yist sound for around $350?
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nowhere

100+ Head-Fier
using the sennheiser hd600.
currently using an odac/o2 set up on my pc.

i'm looking to find an alternate sound to the neutrality of that set up and want to explore a true tube sound.

a few i was looking at was:

bottlehead crack (without speedball upgrade)
darkvoice 336se
littledot mk3
project ember

(the ember interests me only because from what i read it has some kind of auto feature when putting tubes in, not sure sure exactly what that means but i like when things aren't complicated.)

but i'm open to something else if there's something comparable to these.

just looking for something that will give me the full tube experience and sound great as well.

THANKS!

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 3
There is no shortage of love for the Bottlehead Crack and HD600. If you'd ask in the HD600 thread, you would hear that combo mentioned again, and again, etc. I have yet to hear the Crack, but if I was a DIY guy, I would have bought it long ago!  

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
There is no shortage of love for the Bottlehead Crack and HD600. If you'd ask in the HD600 thread, you would hear that combo mentioned again, and again, etc. I have yet to hear the Crack, but if I was a DIY guy, I would have bought it long ago!  

i've definitely heard that, just not sure if i would need to get the speedball upgrade (don't think it would be in my budget with) and if it does provide a true "tube sound" or not, compared to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back