What will become of high end headphones?
Aug 27, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #16 of 17
Zanth>It difficult to say whether the he90's would do it for you or not. You are basing on whether you like a headphone or not on other people's opinions and posts.

If you go and listen to it with an open mind then I think you might be pleasantly suprised.

If you listen to it and go with the frame of mind that it beat other headphones in certain technical abilities you will be dissappointed. Just enjoy for it what it does.

I find it does nothing really special. So then you get past this aspect and just listen to music. That what it does which makes it one of my faves and makes it special for me.

While some might listen to it think it not special in anyway and still might not like it. It one of those headphones you either like or you hate.

It's one of the very few headphones which can sound half decent with budget amplification and sources to a certain point. It not as critical as Qualia, R-10's or Omega 2 etc. I find but YMMV

I look forward to when they can release headphones for $150 that challenges todays highly regarded phones. Everybody should get the chance to hear them but without the price tag limiting them or the availability etc.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
If this trend of discontinuing all the great headphones keeps up, what will become of high end headphones, in, say 50 years?

Larry's son, Barry, at Headphile will be giving them rejuvenation specials, so wot else already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back