What watch should I get?
Jun 5, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
faking a watch i can understand.. but faking an entire car?!
blink.gif

adhoc, just shortly since this is not a car thread. Carrol Shelby build some 1000 V8 sports cars with the British AC Ace as a platform in the 60s. These cars are scarse and highly sought after and hence fetch very high prices. The Kit-car industry is flourishing though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gardner Douglas is one of some very good kit manufacturers.

Jun 6, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 18
I understand the counterexamples of my car analogy, but those counterexamples hardly apply in the watch world (I think). There are hardly any fake watches that are well built, become rare, and then become highly sought after. I'm not so knowledgeable of the world of watches though, but I doubt there are examples of this, even though indeed there are well built and sought-after "fakes" in the car world that sort of achieve a collectible status of their own.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 18
My vote hear is for Skagen watches. They are within your budget, look fantastic, made out of titanium, have a mesh band, and what I like the most is that they are ultra thin.

I get a watch every year, right now I'm wearing a Kenneth Cole one that looks alright, but the band (made out of "polyurethane") is not very durable.

They have these watches at Sunglass Hut, but they can be bought elsewhere for a few dollars cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back