What was the largest amount of computer information you deleted by accident?
Dec 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
I had 300G of photos, music, videos and documents deleted when I dropped my portable harddrive, turning my laptop into the backup. Two days later, my friend burrowed my laptop and accidentally dropped it, losing everything on there. So in the end I got left with nothing and a combined ~800 gigs deleted.

I now double backup everything.

Wow i totally would of fliped my lid. Did you? That's like my whole life on the computer...

For me, i accidently deleted all my music files in where i was storing them on my hard drive as i though i could clear up some space, later to find i cant play any of the files on iTunes. I than had to reformat my computer, having to re-download all my music and spending weeks getting everything back to "normal".

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Wow i totally would of fliped my lid. Did you? That's like my whole life on the computer...

For me, i accidently deleted all my music files in where i was storing them on my hard drive as i though i could clear up some space, later to find i cant play any of the files on iTunes. I than had to reformat my computer, having to re-download all my music and spending weeks getting everything back to "normal".

Oh yeah I was not happy, at all. I don't think I talked to anyone for a couple days. I lost everything from important documents to my entire music library. And since I love taking photos, I was flipping out especially at all the photos that got deleted - literally my life and everything I've taken in the 5 years before. That was when I actually thought about resorting back to developing my photos. It's quite sad really. There are some family pictures on there that I'll never see again.

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #18 of 18
I lost the entire contents of my hard drive, twice, thanks to Dell's incompetence. I no longer rely on Dell to fix anything, but here's the story:

1) Computer will not boot.

2) Call Dell, who kindly assist me in formatting the hard drive and starting over. Apparently the only way forward.

3) About a year later, computer will not boot. 

4) Call Dell, who kindly assist me in formatting the hard drive and starting over. Apparently the only way forward.

5)About a year later, computer will not boot.

6) Call Dell, who inform me that there's a bug in the BIOS which breaks everything every so often. A new version has been available for ages, but they didn't deign to tell me this the last two times and simply told me to perform a factory reset. Presumably, any other approach would have been excessively strenuous for their support staff.

I now no longer rely on some moron over the phone to tell me how to fix my computer and perform regular backups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back