What Version of P300 Do I Need?
Feb 14, 2005 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NewMexiCat

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my PS Audio Ultimate Outlet to the PS Audio P300 Power Regenerator.

I'm looking for a used model and they seem to pop up on Audiogon pretty frequently. I'm getting confused, however, as to what version I should be looking for--Multiwave I, Multiwave II, fan, or no fan.

From experienced owners, does the Multiwave feature make a big difference? Is version II alot better than version I? Due to the heat issue, is the fan a necessity. And if so, is fan noise an issue?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Feb 14, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello,

I have only experienced my combo of the P-300 and it has the powerport outlets, Multiwave I and a fan. The fan keeps it pretty cool and I haven't expereinced any of the heat issues I've heard others report, however. The fan is pretty loud. Not irritatingly so, but its like having a regular fan in the room when you are trying to listen--I'm pretty anal about wanting silence when I'm vegging to my system and it gets to me, so if I hadn't gotten a good deal on my unit, I'd have gone with one without fan.

Also, though I can't verify it firsthandedly, the multiwave ii option is supposed to be significantly better. I haven't had the urge to upgrade it, but if you find one for a negligeble price difference go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back