What type of listener are you in terms of volume output?
Jun 11, 2011 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10
You either have your low volume listener who prefers to be convinced that the music is really being played in front of them. Or the loud volume listener who wants to be wowed at how energetic, detailed and clear their sound setup is. If you are another type of listener please explain it!

Jun 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 10
I voted loud volume...but honestly, it really depends on what I am listening to. If I am listening to something like Metallica, I find I play that at a much louder volume than I do Frank Sinatra. 

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 10
Voted loud volume, and just like tmars78 it depends a lot on the type of music I am listening.

On the other hand, I listen to very low volumes at night, and between medium and extremely high volumes during the day.
The place where I am also contributes to the equation.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 10
I listen extremely quietly if the volume my friends listen at is anything to go by.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 10
Same here, low's the way to go. :p

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 10
When doing the math, I seem to be listening at low-medium volume, with average levels of 60..65 dB SPL. A fortissimo may hit 90 but that's about it. If I listen more loudly than usual for an extended period of time, my hearing will typically complain.

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 10
I didn't vote because there is no "It really depends" button! I listen to The Who My Generation on vinyl at concert level through speakers whilst playing air guitar. I listen to RUSH and Foo Fighters real loud. Female vocals at just the right level.

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #9 of 10
If I am listening to really dynamic recordings (let's say 10 dB and up...) I can generally enjoy a much higher volume level for a much longer time.

I never really use insane volumes, simply because at a certain point on the volume knob I start to cringe from the hit of the highs... I like to say I can feel my ears clipping when that happens
biggrin.gif

When I really am in the mood I turn it way up sometimes just to feel the insane bass kick and for the fun of it, but my ears generally convince me to turn it down to a sensible volume within 10 minutes or so.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 10
Medium volume, a tendency to stay away from high volume to preserve hearing even though I do enjoy enjoying my music louder lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back