What Type Of Headphone Is Best With What Type Of Genre Of Music?
May 7, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BillsonChang007

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello!

Please do note that when I say "type" does not mean model of them headphone! I meant the sound signature of the headphone. Just to make it clearer for everyone: for example, for dubsteps, it is best with bassy and warm headphone.

There reason why I ask this is because I been changing my taste quite a lot every season although I listen to everything under the sun, but I always have that one genre or two that I listen to most. I remember last year October, I was into Pop, RnB, house music. December I was totally into Classical, Indie, alternative rock. Now, I am into metal rocks and other types of rocks. It's getting more...and more..."crazy"! So just wanted to know what type of headphone is best with what type of genre of music!

I do realize that, neutral headphone does most things right although it can be boring sometimes [specially when you are "high"/happy/hyper] after listening to several types of headphones!

Help appreciated!
Billson :)

May 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 4
While EQ-ing does get handy...a little but I always have "over changing" the sound sig... Like from very recessed mids to very forward mids. This always causes crazy amount of sibilants and so on. It's just a around 4-6dB boost...

YESH! GRADOs! Heard them a lot, can't wait to try them if I ever get to see one XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back