1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What Type Of Headphone Is Best With What Type Of Genre Of Music?

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by billsonchang007, May 7, 2013.
  1. BillsonChang007
    Hello!

Please do note that when I say "type" does not mean model of them headphone! I meant the sound signature of the headphone. Just to make it clearer for everyone: for example, for dubsteps, it is best with bassy and warm headphone.

There reason why I ask this is because I been changing my taste quite a lot every season although I listen to everything under the sun, but I always have that one genre or two that I listen to most. I remember last year October, I was into Pop, RnB, house music. December I was totally into Classical, Indie, alternative rock. Now, I am into metal rocks and other types of rocks. It's getting more...and more..."crazy"! So just wanted to know what type of headphone is best with what type of genre of music!

I do realize that, neutral headphone does most things right although it can be boring sometimes [specially when you are "high"/happy/hyper] after listening to several types of headphones!

Help appreciated!
    Billson :)

2. andrewberge
    This is what equalizers are for, so that you can change the sound signature whenever you want, for free :)

3. Sir Tmotts III
    Grado Is THE Jazz, Rock, Blues, and Metal 'phone, without any doubt.

4. BillsonChang007
    While EQ-ing does get handy...a little but I always have "over changing" the sound sig... Like from very recessed mids to very forward mids. This always causes crazy amount of sibilants and so on. It's just a around 4-6dB boost...

YESH! GRADOs! Heard them a lot, can't wait to try them if I ever get to see one XD